CC 2130 transmission

/ CC 2130 transmission #1  

MFP8055

My Dad picked up a 2130 at an auction recently. The machine looks good but, of course, comes with no documentation. I think the clutch made need adjusting, but the real issue is that it will not shift into 5th or 6th gear. The shift lever feels like it hits a stop at 4th. It won't climb much of a slope in 4th gear, but does OK in 1st. This is why I believe the clutch is slipping.

Any ideas or comments on the transmission would be appreciated. Also a source for an owners manual would be welcome. One last thing: the manufacturer date on the machine is D306G8. How do you decipher that? Thanks.

/ CC 2130 transmission #2  
I take it this is a 2130 AG model for "Auto Gear"? From what I understand, what you are describing is the classic symptoms of worn clutches. They are easy and not all that expensive to get and is a DIY job with a manual. The key to not wearing out the clutch is to not 'ride' the go pedal. Keep the pedal mashed to the floor and regulate your ground speed only by selecting a different range with the hand lever.

Joel

/ CC 2130 transmission
Thanks Joel. I understand the clutch symptoms, but not getting the machine into 5th or 6th gear is a mystery. Any thoughts on where to find information on decoding the manufacture date?

Mike

/ CC 2130 transmission
Sorry for the incomplete reply. It is an auto gear model. Also, since we don't have a manual, what is the proper way to shift gears? To you need to depress the brake pedal, just let off the clutch, or none of the above?

/ CC 2130 transmission #5  
Maybe the shift linkage is out of adjustment somehow and not allowing for 5-6? In regards to shifting, all you do is let off the foot pedal and change range. You can do this while in motion. I'm not sure how helpful the cubcadet.com is in regards to decoding your serial number. You might want to try a CC dealer for that.

Joel

/ CC 2130 transmission
The linkage was the first place we looked. Neutral is in the right place, but as you move the shift lever forward, it won't advance past 4th. There does not appear to much adjustment available in the linkage. We only took a quick look, so it may be best to revisit it.

/ CC 2130 transmission #7  
It's possible it's something inside the case then Mike. I wouldn't think it's anything major if the unit works quiet and smooth. As far as I know, you'll get a look inside if you do a clutch replacement on it.

Joel

/ CC 2130 transmission #8  
Serial # D306G8 should be April 30th 1996. To be sure check the engine serial # I assume it's a Kohler. It should start with 25 (1995) or 26 (1996). 36 would be 2006. 16 would be 1986 and so on........

/ CC 2130 transmission
Thanks for clearing up the manfucaturer's code issue. Next step will be to get a good look at the clutch assembly.

/ CC 2130 transmission
I picked up some info on another post stating that shims could be used to adjust the clutch play. The shims appear in the parts schematic, but it looks like you have to split the case to get at them. There is no tiangular service plate like the early 2130 models. Any ideas on clutch adjustments options?