Cub Cadet model 7265 - glow plug burning out

/ Cub Cadet model 7265 - glow plug burning out #1  

Kenneth A Skoczen

Has anyone experienced this....My 7265 has burned out the glow plugs 5 times. Each time after repair it will run for a while, then while it is warmed up and running the glow plug light will come on and stay on for a while then go out and then come on again. This will burn out the plug and thermo switch each time. Help

/ Cub Cadet model 7265 - glow plug burning out #2  
I have a 7260 - same tractor as you, only manual shift. Nearly 900 hours on it. I have never burnt out any glow plugs, but I do have a problem with mine. They don't always come on when I turn the key that first notch. They do always work when I turn the key all the way over and start the engine turning over.

Your engine and mine are the exact same. If you've burnt out your plugs 5 times, you have to have some sort of fundamental problem. Your problem is definitely not normal. Find a good dealer, and have him run full diags on it. Something is wrong... bad ground, maybe bare wire somewhere, bad ignition switch (?), perhaps you have an electrical component that when heated up has a fault of some kind. I'm not real savvy when it comes to trouble shooting electrical problems. Hope you can find the source of your problems.

Corm

/ Cub Cadet model 7265 - glow plug burning out #3  
I am not familiar with your tractor, but for what it may be worth, it sounds like your glow plugs are staying on too long and burning out. On my tractor, the glow plugs are manually turned on at the key switch for only say 10 seconds at startup. Your tractor may have an automatic controller built in that is allowing the plugs to stay on too long and burning them out.

I had a Ford F250 with a bad controller. Rather than spend the hundred something for another controller, I put the glow plugs on a heavy duty push button switch that cost about $12.00. End of problem.

/ Cub Cadet model 7265 - glow plug burning out #4  
We to had this problem too we added a push button to dash which eliminates controller altogether.
It only comes on when we push the button