Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem?

/ Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem? #1  

VINTAGE PILOT

I have a Cub cadet model 1864 that was blowing the fuse for the clutch,(20 amp) and then it simply started to slow down, and also in reverse. I have changed the filter, and put fresh transmission oil I bought a Cub Cadet dealer. Still have the same problem.Is the clutch and transmission on a Cadet tied together somehow?
The mower deck is off, and the snow blade attached. The blade raises and lowers just fine, but the forward speed of the Cub 1864 is very slow, and very slow in reverse, but it does move.
Anyone have any suggestions?
When I shut it off, it blows the 20 amp fuse.
The Cub dealer is very expensive on labor and repair parts, but I do have an alternative shop I can take it too. Anyone have an idea what the problem is?
Thanks.

/ Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem? #2  
Two unrelated problems. There are no electric to hydro connection on those tractors. Are the brakes free or frozen?

/ Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem? #3  
Same comment from me, I think you have 2 unrelated problems. No clutch on the hydro drive. The only clutch is the electric one on the PTO driven by the toggle switch on the dash. Make sure the PTO switch is off, then start looking for shorts in the wiring, I'm thinking you have a bare wire shorting somewhere that blows the fuse. Look at the headlights first, since it blows when you turn the tractor off you are turning the switch through the lights on position each time you turn the key off.

Now to the ground speed. I would guess you have either locked brakes or a linkage problem. With the tractor off and brake released lift the back end of the tractor and see if the wheels spin freely. Then move the hydro lever and see if the linkage all moves freely, forward and back. Hope this helps.

/ Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem?
Thanks for the replies, I'll give the brakes and linkages a check out.

/ Cub Cadet Model 1864 lawn tractor transmission-clutch problem?
Thanks for the replies fellas, I found the problem, brake line linkage was sticking, freed it up, everything works fine again. The fuse problem is most likely in the clutch, a mower-small engine repair friend of mine said if I didn't find any bare wires ( didn't) most probable cause was clutch going bad.But that problem can wait until spring time. Snow blade is on Cub now, and won't be needing to mow for awhile, and I also have a small John Deere 38 inch deck tractor I can mow with also.