cub cadet

/ cub cadet #2  
I'm not famililar with that particular model. I have a 129, formerly had a 1250. You might want to check the lawn and garden forum. Welcome to the boards!

/ cub cadet #3  
The 1641 is a mid '90's model. I'm pretty sure the basic layout is the same as my 1864. I looked at a spec sheet and it has a Vanguard 16 HP rather than the Kohler Command 18 HP that is in mine. Not sure if that is good or bad, I don't know anything about the Vanguard engine.

I'm very happy with my 1864. Fairly large machine but very easy to run and has a tight turning radius that makes mowing easy. I think you would be very happy with the 1641, just maybe get some input here on the engine, I know you will like the rest of the machine. What deck does it come with?

/ cub cadet #4  
I have a 1641 but I just got it and have hardly used it. Getting ready to attempt to put on the blower.

/ cub cadet #5  
My dad had Cubs all the way back to the original 7HP model. He had a 1641 just before a 3000 series. It was a great tractor.

The Vanguard is a really good engine. It seemed to be easier starting the the Kohlers that were stubborn in cold weather. The one warning is that I believe they called for a 100 hour valve adjustment and if it wasn't done, you could see some valve damage.

I see that as a design flaw, because you know no-one is going to do the adjustment. I'm sure it's called out in the manual.

Other than that, a really solid tractor.

Curt