1050 Cub Cadet Clutch

/ 1050 Cub Cadet Clutch #1  

K.Long

Tractor
Cub Cadet 100,149 Always getting more in
Hi guys, long time lurker first post, I have a Cub 1050 here to put a clutch in for a guy, it lost 2 iso mounts and busted the clutch, got it all back together and when I push the clutch pedal the driveshaft still wants to turn, it is adjusted right, have plenty of clearance at the disk when pedal is pushed, pilot bearing is ok. Just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.
Thanks Kevin

/ 1050 Cub Cadet Clutch #2  
I'm sorry,but i maybe missing something but the Cub Cadet 1050 doesn't have a drive shaft.

/ 1050 Cub Cadet Clutch #4  
hi again K.Long
After reading your post it got me looking for info on the GT 1050.I couldn't find much.The best i could find it was made in 1989?wish i had a list of all the model # for each year.When i 1st read your post i just thought you typed the wrong # down my accident.I'm sorry if i came acoss as a know it all.I'm very very far from that.
What engine is in the 1050 10hp B&S?
good luck

/ 1050 Cub Cadet Clutch #5  
Here's the specs on the 1050, it looks like it was only made in 1989:

Model 1050 - factory number 149-605-100 - serial numbers 779,097 to 799,999 - 10 HP - engine model KH-M10S - engine spec. number PS-461534

Here's a link to a 1050 operators manual:

http://www.ihregistry.com/manuals/op/1050.pdf

Here's a link to a manual for a series of tractors including the 1050:

http://www.ihregistry.com/manuals/service/gt-service.pdf

I'm not sure you asked for all of this but since I don't have any bright suggestions on the clutch I thought it might help. Are you sure the bearing is OK, not binding up under pressure?

/ 1050 Cub Cadet Clutch
Hey Undercover
I didn't take you as a know it all, I too thought I was getting a 1000 series Cub to work on, (I'm not up on mtd built Cub numbers, I like IH) when it was dropped off I was suprised to see a GT it's nothing more than a 82 series tractor other than I think they changed the controls around on the dash.
Dave you are right it is a late 80's model, 10 hp Kohler, The bearing seems fine when engine is not running and the pedal is locked down I can turn the driveshaft and it doesn't try to turn the motor, I kinda thought something might have bent when the 2 motor mount bolts fell out but I really don't see anything though, I guess it's replace throwout and pilot bearing, then go from there, was hoping some one else may have seen this problem before, not that I wish any headaches like this on anyone.
Thanks Kevin