Oil & Fuel Alternate oil filter for Kohler Courage V Twin?

/ Alternate oil filter for Kohler Courage V Twin? #21  
CJ-8, It really isn't that interesting about FRAM quality. Fram is a company that has been around for a long time. You can't stay in business if you sell an inferrior product, or one that nobody is willing to buy. Just like the other major companies that make and sell filters. They all have good quality. Just like jeans, there are a lot of brands of jeans. Most are pretty good. You find one that you like, and you stick with it.

Blujaket,
You're shooting the messenger.... I'm just passing along oil filter teardown analysis.

Besides, I can see from your post today that you didn't even bother to even look at the web page before taking issue with it. Why? Apparently the author removed that web page a few months ago.

A while back, I needed to reference it and found the oil filter teardown analysis had moved to:

Index: Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Reference: Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Opinion: Opinions and Recommendations - Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

I don't know this guy, but his tear down methodology is very similiar to the competitor vehicle teardowns I saw when I worked on vehicle development teams for the Big 3 in Detroit.

If you don't like the teardown results, then put whatever filter you want (sounds like your brand loyal to Fram) in your tractor and your cars and trucks.

In the 25 years I've been changing oil, I've had only one bad experience with a filter... I won't mention the name.

/ Alternate oil filter for Kohler Courage V Twin? #22  
I don't know how factual this individual's statements are. He appears to have dissected various brands of filters and reported his findings. He seems to have a vendetta against Fram since everything he reports about Fram is VERY negative. This appears to have been written in 1999 which is pretty old information. I'm not claiming his findings are true OR false but I have 4 vehicles in my household, including a motor home, plus my 3235 Cub and I have been using Fram filters for the 50 plus years and have yet to have a problem. I had to tear down my 1978 Cub 1450 with Kohler 14HP engine with 1100 hours, to replace the oil pan. The insides of the engine were very clean. I used Fram filters and Quaker State oil in that tractor since it was new.

Bob B.

Bob, You're right, that's an old study I found.
Here is a more recent study he did back in 2005:

Index: Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Reference: Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources
Opinion: Opinions and Recommendations - Oil Filters Revealed - MiniMopar Resources

/ Alternate oil filter for Kohler Courage V Twin? #23  
WalMart wants $14.97 for the Koehler 52-050-01 filter.