Oil & Fuel Gas Level Sensor Removal

/ Gas Level Sensor Removal #1  

Bob_Bainbridge

Platinum Member
The gas level sensor appears to be stuck on my 3235. I removed the seat and can reach it but am not sure if there is room to pull it out. Does anyone know how it is held in place. I can't tell if it just snaps in or has some kind of locking mechanism. I can twist it with a pair of pliers.

Thanks,

Nob B.

/ Gas Level Sensor Removal
Well I removed the gas level sensor today. I was able to remove it through the opening under the seat but it took some prying the top of the tank down and angling the sensor out. It just slides into a large rubber gasket but make sure the tank is less than half full. I found out the hard way that the sensor is not at the top of the tank but is much lower and completely submerged. My garage floor got flooded with gas and I couldn't get the sensor back in to stop it. I still don't know what the problem is. The float was free and read about 5 ohms at the bottom and infinity at the top. The gas light went out when I unplugged the sensor but still remains lit when the sensor is plugged in.
I reinstalled the seat and had to leave the lockwashers off the rear two screws as I was unable to get the nuts started. The nuts are in the sliding seat channel and I put tape over a box wrench to hold the nuts while I started the screws. The screws are shoulder screws to prevent turning but by leaving off the washer I was able to turn the screw until it started into the nut and then use the box wrench to finish tightening. The tractor stalled when I tried to move it and naturally I found that I forgot to plug the seat sensor. So I did the whole seat thing again.

Bob B.
Bob B.