Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display

/ Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display #1  

DurhamNC

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2554
I started mowing today and the machine worked fine. I shut it off to get a drink and after starting it again the PTO will not engage. I also noticed the indicator panel/hour meter is not displaying. The engine starts and runs fine, what is the problem? Could the battery be bad but still start the engine fine?

I'm also having hood problems again. On my second hood and I can see cracks starting to appear. At 50 hours these problems should not occur.

Any feedback and help appreciated!

/ Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display #2  
That sounds like a fuse. Isn't there a fuse that operates the PTO?

/ Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I did some more troubleshooting and isolated the PTO problem to the "No Children Around Reverse Push Button". If the wire is removed from the switch the PTO operates just fine.

The Indicator Pannel still does not display the "Hour Meter and Battery Display". I know it is getting juice since the red buttons work. Maybe the LCD has gone bad.

I did check/swap all fuses but no luck on the display. What are your thoughts on the LCD display?

Thanks!

/ Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display #4  
With 50 hours sounds like it's still under warranty. Take it back. Tinkering gives the dealer a good excuse to not honor warranty.

/ Cub 2554 PTO will not engage & no hours display #5  
Let the dealer find out what's up.