Non cranking

/ Non cranking #1  

MSman

Tractor
Cub LT1045
My 2 yr old 1045 won't crank. Battery is ok and the fuse seems to be good. The ignition switch seems strange in that it turns freely with no detents for the 3 positions it should have. It just turns until it should be in the start position but nothing happens.
Does anyone know if it is possible to "hot wire" the machine, to by pass the switch and get the engine to crank? I live in the boonies and have no way to get the Cubby to a shop so have to try myself to getr it to work.
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Allen

/ Non cranking #2  
Hot wiring depends on if you can track down the ignition wire and start wire. The start wire will go to the starter solenoid. You will need to pull the plug off the back of the key switch because it grounds out the ignition in the off position and with yours just spinning you don't know what position it's in. Just jump 12v positive to the ignition and apply positive momentarily to the starter wire and it should turn over.

/ Non cranking
Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can locate the wires. The switch doesn't spin all around, stops where it's supposed to-but no cranking. Also, the brake won't stay down. Pushing it while holding the button down doesn't work. Don't know if there's a connection between the two things, but isn't there a safety switch on the brake pedal? Could that safety switch not functioning keep it from cranking? Any more ideas?
Allen