Tractor
    Cub LT1045

Default Non cranking

My 2 yr old 1045 won't crank. Battery is ok and the fuse seems to be good. The ignition switch seems strange in that it turns freely with no detents for the 3 positions it should have. It just turns until it should be in the start position but nothing happens.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to "hot wire" the machine, to by pass the switch and get the engine to crank? I live in the boonies and have no way to get the Cubby to a shop so have to try myself to getr it to work.
    Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Default Re: Non cranking

Hot wiring depends on if you can track down the ignition wire and start wire. The start wire will go to the starter solenoid. You will need to pull the plug off the back of the key switch because it grounds out the ignition in the off position and with yours just spinning you don't know what position it's in. Just jump 12v positive to the ignition and apply positive momentarily to the starter wire and it should turn over.
    2006 Cub Cadet Z-Force50
    Agco Allis 1616H
    1974 SearsGT18 with 3 point,48"deck,Haban sickle mower and front dozer blade

2000 Bobcat 453F with steel tracks
    1954 Ford860 with front end loader, 5' brushhog
    1952 Allis Chalmers CA with Woods L59 mower
    1947 Case SC
    1998 Honda ACTY 4WD mini truck
    And too many other small engine tools to list

Tractor
    Cub LT1045

Default Re: Non cranking

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can locate the wires. The switch doesn't spin all around, stops where it's supposed to-but no cranking. Also, the brake won't stay down. Pushing it while holding the button down doesn't work. Don't know if there's a connection between the two things, but isn't there a safety switch on the brake pedal? Could that safety switch not functioning keep it from cranking? Any more ideas?
    Allen