2130 transmission problem

/ 2130 transmission problem #1  

MFP8055

I'm working on a 2130 AGS bought at auction with no documentation. I notice that the 6 speed gear box only has 5 gears. After removing the sheet metal, it worked in all six plus neutral. Apparently the slot in the fender prevents the shifter from going back into first or neutral. When the shifter is pushed all the way forward, it indicates 4th gear although it actually is in sixth. I see no adjustment in the linkage, and the shifter is keyed to the shaft. Is there any way to address this? Is there any adjustment available on the AGS gearbox? Everythings fits up perfectly except for the shifter position which I estimate is about 10 degrees off.

/ 2130 transmission problem #2  
Is there any way to shim the fender assy. or open the 'slot' such that you can achieve all gears? Any way to bend the shifter rod?

Joel

/ 2130 transmission problem
I suppose I could cut out a longer slot in the fender and move the plastic gear indicator back, but that would be a real "brute force" solution. Same with bending the shift lever. What confuses the heck out of me is that everything fits exactly as per the construction diagram, and the shifter is still off 10 or so degrees. It makes me thing that either there is and adjustment somewhere I'm missing, or a incorrect part was used in the linkage.

/ 2130 transmission problem #4  
MFP8055 said:
I'm working on a 2130 AGS bought at auction with no documentation. I notice that the 6 speed gear box only has 5 gears. After removing the sheet metal, it worked in all six plus neutral. Apparently the slot in the fender prevents the shifter from going back into first or neutral. When the shifter is pushed all the way forward, it indicates 4th gear although it actually is in sixth. I see no adjustment in the linkage, and the shifter is keyed to the shaft. Is there any way to address this? Is there any adjustment available on the AGS gearbox? Everythings fits up perfectly except for the shifter position which I estimate is about 10 degrees off.

The speed control lever is connected to the gear shift bracket. The gear shift rod is also connected to the gear shift bracket. Is the gear shift rod in the top hole on the gear shift bracket?