Deck Height Ground versus Float

/ Deck Height Ground versus Float #1  

Sully

Hi
I set the deck on the3235 today at 4 started to mow and found that the 4 setting in the float position versus the ground travel 4 were different by about 1/4 inch in height, anyone have any ideas why?

Also how come the deck will not adjust up to the height of 6 when I lift it?

Sully:confused:

/ Deck Height Ground versus Float #2  
Sully said:
Hi
I set the deck on the3235 today at 4 started to mow and found that the 4 setting in the float position versus the ground travel 4 were different by about 1/4 inch in height, anyone have any ideas why?

Also how come the deck will not adjust up to the height of 6 when I lift it?

Sully:confused:
What do you mean by "Ground travel 4" The numbers that you set with the knob on the floor of the tractor adjust how low the deck is allowed to drop with the lift mechanism. In ground travel mode the knob is adjusted to let the deck drop all the way down so the lift mechanism is no longer supporting it. The cutting heght is the regulated by the height of the front wheels and rear rollers.

Bob B.

/ Deck Height Ground versus Float
Hi Bob, What I am is asking is why when I set the the Front Wheels and Rear Rollers the machine cuts a diffrent height than if I set the Adjustment Knob and let the deck down .If I have the Wheels set at 4 and the back roller set to 4, souldn't it cut to the same height as if I had set the Deck adjustment to 4.

/ Deck Height Ground versus Float #4  
Sully, the numbers on the knob on the tractor and the numbers on the mower deck don't really have any relation to each other. The knob on the tractor just adjusts the downstop, which sets how low the deck can drop when it's lowered. Each full turn of the tractor know is supposed to change it 1/4 inch and each number on the deck also changes the height 1/4 inch. The deck should be checked as described in other posts on a hard level surface. With the blades turned to a front/back position the blades should be level to 1/8 inch lower in the front and the same measurement left and right sides. You can turn the roller adjusting knob to achieve the front/back adjustment.

Bob B.