New Guy Needs Help

/ New Guy Needs Help #1  

400EXCRACER

Hello everyone, I am new to post but I have been on this site a few times doing research. I just bought a 2006 2550 and noticed that while I was mowing the digital display I had what looked to be a flashing hourglass on the left of the display. I cant find anything in my manual about this and I would like to know if it is normal. I also noticed that the hour meter switched from 11 hours to 3.7 and started counting from there while I mowed. Does this display have some sort of trip/hourmeter? Thanks for your help.

/ New Guy Needs Help #2  
The blinking hourglass simply means that the hour meter is counting. The switch from 11 to 3.7 is the meter switching from volts to hours. When you first start the tractor it displays the volts for a couple seconds then goes back to hours.

/ New Guy Needs Help #3  
Congrats on the 2550
400EXCRACER said:
Hello everyone, I am new to post but I have been on this site a few times doing research. I just bought a 2006 2550 and noticed that while I was mowing the digital display I had what looked to be a flashing hourglass on the left of the display. I cant find anything in my manual about this and I would like to know if it is normal. I also noticed that the hour meter switched from 11 hours to 3.7 and started counting from there while I mowed. Does this display have some sort of trip/hourmeter? Thanks for your help.
I love my 2554 with the front blade and rear tiller.
Just because I like it don't mean i need it so it's up for grabs.

/ New Guy Needs Help #4  
Right on. That flashing icon just indicates running. Sometimes if you trip the seat switch real quick (real rough terrain) you'll see a blip on the meter from volts/hours, etc .. I know my 2544 and I get jostled around quite a bit on my lawn.

Joel

/ New Guy Needs Help
Thanks for the info guys. I still not sure about the voltmeter though. I would imagine that it should read a fairly consistant number, but now it is all the way up to 6.3.