Default New Guy Needs Help

Hello everyone, I am new to post but I have been on this site a few times doing research. I just bought a 2006 2550 and noticed that while I was mowing the digital display I had what looked to be a flashing hourglass on the left of the display. I cant find anything in my manual about this and I would like to know if it is normal. I also noticed that the hour meter switched from 11 hours to 3.7 and started counting from there while I mowed. Does this display have some sort of trip/hourmeter? Thanks for your help.

Default Re: New Guy Needs Help

The blinking hourglass simply means that the hour meter is counting. The switch from 11 to 3.7 is the meter switching from volts to hours. When you first start the tractor it displays the volts for a couple seconds then goes back to hours.
    2006 Cub 2544 w/plow

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Smile Re: New Guy Needs Help

Congrats on the 2550
    Quote Originally Posted by 400EXCRACER
    Hello everyone, I am new to post but I have been on this site a few times doing research. I just bought a 2006 2550 and noticed that while I was mowing the digital display I had what looked to be a flashing hourglass on the left of the display. I cant find anything in my manual about this and I would like to know if it is normal. I also noticed that the hour meter switched from 11 hours to 3.7 and started counting from there while I mowed. Does this display have some sort of trip/hourmeter? Thanks for your help.
    I love my 2554 with the front blade and rear tiller.
    Just because I like it don't mean i need it so it's up for grabs.
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

Right on. That flashing icon just indicates running. Sometimes if you trip the seat switch real quick (real rough terrain) you'll see a blip on the meter from volts/hours, etc .. I know my 2544 and I get jostled around quite a bit on my lawn.

Joel
    Tractors of the past:
    2010 Cub Cadet Z-Force 44 fab
    2005 Cub Cadet 2544
    1979 Case 220
    2003 Yard Machines 17hp 42" transmatic (crap-matic)

Thanks for the info guys. I still not sure about the voltmeter though. I would imagine that it should read a fairly consistant number, but now it is all the way up to 6.3.