5234d

/ 5234d #1  

davepsr32

i am looking to buy a compact tractor with a fel. I am not hearing good things about the 5234d cub. has anyone had any problems with them that they would share with me? They look nice enough, but i don't need anymore problems. Thanks for your advice.

/ 5234d #2  
i am looking to buy a compact tractor with a fel. I am not hearing good things about the 5234d cub. has anyone had any problems with them that they would share with me? They look nice enough, but i don't need anymore problems. Thanks for your advice.

Well, my dad got one and had nothing but problems with it where the dealer and cub cadet replaced the entire tractor with the 5264D. He likes the 5264D much better than the old one...

/ 5234d #3  
If you look back through the forum you'll probably find a lot of complaints about the 5000 series tractors. That being said.... most people that are happy with their tractor don't post just to brag on them... you normally hear just the complaints. That being said I would probably only buy a 5000 if I came across a really good deal. If you are looking at new ones and really like Cub Cadet... I would give a strong look to the new Yanmar built machines.

/ 5234d #4  
I've had mine for 4 years without any hint of a problem. The dealer I bought it from explained the issues with some of the 5000 series and I was comfortable getting one. It starts first crank every time, even in winter, which is more than I can say for my 6284! If I could get away with keeping 3 compacts I would, but I have a newer 7500 and 6000 series, so my 5234 is for sale. I've got it in the classifieds and am negotiable on the price. If you've got one lined up already, I can give you more info on what to look for. Good luck!

/ 5234d #5  
I bought a 5234D along with my GT2542 a couple of years ago. I can say I am pleased with my GT2542! My 5234D front axle seals always leaked, I also could not keep a belt on the deck for more than a couple mowings. The last problem was a broken front axle...although that was most likely my fault as I had a little too much weight in the loader. This spring my dealer gave me a good trade in value for a new Cub Sc2400...I think he felt sorry for me! The Sc2400 has been twice the machine so far (knock on wood)

/ 5234d #6  
I had a 5252 (2wd, Kohler engine), but the same basic tractor. I didn't have any major problems (in less than 50 hrs of use), but was already running into some troubling issues that made me really question long term reliability. I really liked the ergonomics, but for example the rear differential was starting to stick which made turning the tractor virtually impossible.
My .02 would be avoid at all costs, there are a lot better tractors out there. To me it is very telling the number of very low hour used 5000/6000 series tractors you see for sale.