rzt wont start

/ rzt wont start #1  

dee44

chrged th ebattery, lights come on for oil ect, but it wont start, nothing. any help? thanks

/ rzt wont start #2  
I'd look for a problem with the interlock system first. I don't know if your RZT is the same as my Z-Force but here's what has to be set for it to turn over.
Parking brake set
PTO off
Steering levers to the outboard neutral position

With these set this way it should engage the starter. I don't have to be in the seat so the seat switch isn't part of the starting interlock.
If it doesn稚 start after checking these items I'd look for a ground connection loose. Mine was grounded at a motor mount bolt that came loose and would sometime start sometimes not. I moved the ground cable to a one of the starter mount bolts and haven't had any trouble since. Next if you have a 12 volt test light check that your getting voltage to the solenoid when you turn the key. If your getting voltage the starter probably has gone bad. If your not getting voltage there check for it at the connection on the switch. If it's got voltage out of the switch your back to one of the interlocks ether not engaged or gone bad. Hope you can make sense of all this.

/ rzt wont start #3  
I just looked at the RZT wiring diagram and your start circuit is the same. It goes through the steering neutral, PTO and brake switches.