Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #21  
That link isn't full, or its broken

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #23  
wow ok thanks, i guess im going to need some tools and time... thanks for posting this it helps a lot

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #24  
well i mowed again today (some of the yard any way). it's rained every day here. we usually don't get this much rain unless a hurricaine hits here in mississippi. just my luck. the grass is growing like mad.
anyway, i was able to mow for about 30 minutes and same story, left side gets weak and almost stops working. i can let it cool for a while and it will work for a little while. i've topped it off each time. looked for a leak on the case, but don't see any and there were no drops where it set for a week. not sure what to do. hate to spend almost a grand on the part and install on a $3000 mower with only 100 hours on it, but i hate to have to buy a new mower.
any suggestions on anything else to try? please see me other posts. right now i've just added 20w50, but did not change it. still can't figure out how to change it without taking it completely off.

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #25  
help!!!
i really don't want to buy a new mower or pay $1000 to fix this one.
any suggestions on what to try?
instead of removing the complete unit to flip upside to drain as the repair manual states, i thought about using some sort of tube to stick down the oil fill port and sucking out what oil i could get out of it, then replacing what came out with a synthetic 20w50. would this help?
what's strange is it works fine until the oil gets hot, then i can let it cool for 15-20 minutes and it will work of for about 15 minutes again. hard to believe the pump is gone with it working like this.
as i asked before, would any sort of additives (like lucus oil treatment or gear treatment) help also?

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #26  
I'm not sure where the orientation of the top vent is on this machine/trans, but can you drain the gas and engine oil out of it and hoist it straight up in the air so the hydro will drain? (basically set it back on it's arse) Other than that, removal of the hydro is probably the only option.

Joel

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #27  
The RZT transmission is not hard to to remove. Here are step by step instructions.
RZT_Transmission_1.jpg

RZT_Transmission_2.jpg

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #28  
Sorry to rob this thread. I have a Z-force 60 (2006 model). Hyd fluid was leaking under the left trans. I removed the 2 lowest bolts on the trans, (they took hardly any pressure to turn, my 5month old could have removed them). Looked at the o-ring. It was good. Put the bottom cover back on and made bolts good and tight. Doesnt leak, but now the trans wont move the wheel at all. Manual talks about purging the system. How do you do this?

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #30  
Where is the bypass valve? Is it the lever used to put the trans in neutral?