Cub Cadet 7000

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #1  

VinceSMTA

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2542, Sc2400
Does anyone have a Cub Cadet 7000 compact tractor? I already have a Sc2400 and love it but am looking for a 2nd mower for my wife. I was looking at the 3000 series but saw an add on craigslist for a 7000 Cub w/ mitsubishi diesel 2wd and a 72" Woods rear finish mower. 140 hours and looks very clean. Its for sale by a dealer and I talked with him and he said they sold it new. I really think this would be great for our open field. Anyone have ideas on the value...he is asking $5,800 for tractor and mower together. Sounds fairly reasonable??? Anything I should look for?
thanks, Vince

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #2  
Very heavy duty and reliable. Mahindra now sells the Mitsu line as the 15/16 series. $5800
seems OK for 140 hours. My 7205 is heading for 400 hours with no issues except it will eat a glow plug now and then That's a mystery. Have the dealer make sure all the GP's are good. My gut says it's probably better than your Yanmar. But that's just me.

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #3  
I'll second OUTLANDER.

I have the Mahindra version of that tractor, (the 2015). After 250 hours or so, not a single problem (that wasn't my fault). Very tough machine, and parts are readily available, through Cub or Mahindra.

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #4  
I'm guessing the 72" deck is worth $1000 to $1500.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
The rear mount finish mowers offer a great cut, just not as easy to steer close as a MMM.

Curt

/ Cub Cadet 7000
I went to look at the tractor this weekend and it looks pretty good. Outlander was right on with the glow plugs though as they didn't really work and it was difficult to start. Once running though it ran pretty nice and cut really well. I'd have to buy front end weights though as the front end lifts as you raise the deck. I'm going to wait a week to see if he still has it then try to get him to come down on the price...or atleast fix the glow plugs.

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #6  
Whatever you do, if you like the tractor, don't let the glow plugs be the deciding factor. They're really cheap, and easy to replace yourself. Not a deal killer by any stretch.

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #7  
The latest part number for the 7000 series glow plugs seem to run $40 to $46 per plug depending on the source. If anyone knows of a cross please post. I have searched to no avail. Those seem to be protected numbers.

/ Cub Cadet 7000 #8  
You should post that question about the glow plug prices under the Mahindra section. There's a bunch of great dealers on there that will help you. They ship too.