Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544

Default Re: Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute

Wow....so happy I found this thread. I have a Cub cadet 826 with this same motor. My motor went bad 2 years ago and when I found out CC's price for a new I decided I would just have to live with it. For the last two years I have been strtegically blowing snow since the chute always pointed the same direction lol. Ordered the replacement motor through my local Napa for $40...should be in tomorrow.

Thanks!

Silver Member
    Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544

Well, bought the motor from Napa for $30 after core turn in. I had to tap the holes in the new motor as they were smooth bore.....5/16x18 threads........also had to grind off a fin on the case that was in the way, maybe 1/4" max...just used a floor mounted shop grinder. Electrical plug was identical and required no modifications. Took about 1/2 hour from start to finish and the chute is back in service! Thanks to everyone for the replacement part number for the motor! Sure beats the $250 Cub cadet quoted me just for the motor itself!

Tractor
    John deer 376

Thanks, I ordered the motor and with a little grinding had it on in a half hour. The connection matched perfectly. It now works better than it ever did.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 8264X4 Snowblower

When you state grind off fin, is that the fins near one of the bolt holes? It appears to me I would need to grind them off so it could get but that chute stop on the bracket. Is this correct. Oh, thanks for the bolt hole tap spec.

AWK

Tractor

I finished it. I had to grind of the fin that makes contact with the metal chute stop on the bracket. Tapped the 5/16 x18 thread into the gear housing on the motor (came with smooth bore bolt holes). Fits well. Now I have a electrical problem. I think I have a bad contact from corrosion.

AWK

Tractor

Thought this would help;
    Message - TractorByNet.com Photo Gallery

I know this is a old thread that strayed off topic but I just want to say thank you to those who commented as it help me save some $$$ and I now have a Cub Cadet 826 SWE snowthrower with a new electric chute motor with minimal modification that can be done with a hacksaw, hand file and tap.

Even if one purchased the basic tools, he would still be under the cost of a dealer priced motor. Well done guys! Got my Dorman 742-119 from Autozone for about $50.00 though you can get it elsewhere for less if you'd like to wait a few days. I decided to take advantage of a clearing in the weather and get this done. And it worked great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cadet1-jpg   -cadet2-jpg   -cadet3-jpg  

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 826 SWE

I HAVE A Cub Cadet 826 SWE SNO THROWER Where do i get a motor to replace the burned out one for the chute?? With out spending a arm and a leg like CC wants for a new replacement motor??

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY1 View Post
    I HAVE A Cub Cadet 826 SWE SNO THROWER Where do i get a motor to replace the burned out one for the chute?? With out spending a arm and a leg like CC wants for a new replacement motor??
    Maybe check the post just above yours.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet

I unfortunately didn't try this. Last January mine went out and I ordered the OEM motor from M & D Mower. I installed it and it worked but we didn't get anymore snow and it sat until yesterday. When I went out to use it again, it was locked up. I called them and they only have a 90 day warranty. They guy at MTD (Bill) was not concerned at all that I paid $250 for it and didn't use it since we didn't have any snow. He just said they have a 90 day warranty and I was out of luck (not very friendly either). They guy at M & D tried to get it under warranty but MTD said no. So now I ordered the door motor for $45. I learned my lesson. I could buy 5 of them at $45 for the one OEM part I bought. I will post an update when this comes in. Thanks MTD for taking my $250 and giving me defective merchandise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12