Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #1  

marrun37

I have a question regarding a conversion of another type:
I have a Cub Cadet 826 4x4 which came with an electric motor for directing the chute. I am not sure if the motor is dead or if there is another issue with wiring, etc. However, I was wondering if anyone knows of a conversion kit for installing a crank to move the chute.

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #2  
Ask your dealer if you can use kit# 753-04027 on yours. I just put this kit on my 01' 926STE two days ago. I know this kit was a lot cheaper than a new motor...I almost saved enough for a new snowblower for my SC2400 (I wish)

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #3  
The Power Chute Moter on my 926 STE Stopped Working. Its A Perment Magnent Motor For A Car (Power Window Motor From A Chevy Venture Van) Its A Poor Design On Cub Cadets End. The Motor Is Designed To Be Inside A Vechical Door Sheilded From The Elements. Youll Find It Cost Around $ 225 From The Dealer. I Bought One From Autozone For $39.99. A Power Window Motor From A Chevy Venture Van Bolts Up With Minor Mods. ( The Sprocket It Correct As Is The 3 Bolt Pattern I Had To Use Longer 1/4 In Bolts an a few Washers) The Only Other Mod Is The electrical Connector Use Crimp On Spade Connectors On The Motor And Fill With Silicone.. Done All This Took Me 15 Min!!

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #4  
Hey Bow2king, do you have a part # on that Chevy P/W motor? I'm running into alike issues of the motor.

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute
Thanks for all the replies. I did a search on eBay and have one on order. Price: about $32 From the pictures I concluded I needed a Left Front unit.
Its raining cats and dogs right now in Michigan and the record December snow we accumulated is now mostly water. But I know January and February will bring more snow so took the warm 50F day to lubricate and adjust the blower. I will let you know how the motor works. I am tired of using a bungee chord to hold the chute in one or the other opposite direction.

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute
Received the new motor and it was exactly to the old motor. So bolting it back on to the bracket was straight forward. You must use the thread cutting bolts as the motor comes with clean bores. So I cut the threads deep enough so when I installed it with the spacers and onto the support with the third bolt it bolted up rather easily. Of course the poor design doesn't allow much room for tightening the two bolts and you should secure the motor to the bracket with the two bolt / spacers and the third longer bolt washer before sliding the entire assembly back over the support bracket on the chute. Then its just a matter of putting the two washers and nuts that secure the vertical portion of the bracket and then tightening up the longer bolt that is attached to the motor and finally the last nut, washer and bolt to the chute bracket. And finally the cable connected directly to the socket on the motor without any modifications. So it was just a matter of putting some sealing tape over the connection. I lubricated the sprocket and motor worked fine but I think I may have a switch that is going bad as it was kind of erratic. But good news is that the chute moves again!!

Thanks again for the information on the motor.

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #7  
i just tried this. Problem #1 that I ran into is, the bottom of the motor I got doesn't fit into the hole where the old motor was. It is cast iron and had a bunch of fins around the center point. I used a dremel and cut the fins off. Now it fits. Problem #2, it's too tight. for whatever reason it doesn't seem to line up exactly right. the motor turns but it is getting jammed up. Any thoughts?

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #8  
fixed it!!! i had neglected to put one of the bolts back in and it was tweaking it just enough to make it too tight to turn.

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #9  
A revelation! I was about to buy my 3rd motor (and 3 motor rebuilds) for my MTD when I found this thread. In case anyone needs it the part# for the Venture Van replacement is a DORMAN # 742119. Got mine from Rock Auto Parts (rockauto.com)

/ Cub Cadet Snowblower - Converting Power Chute to Manual Chute #10  
Thank you all. We just got 2 feet of snow, Oswego NY, and my chute motor quit working. I registered just to thank you all. I have a replacement motor from Cub. It lasted about 7 years but finally gave out. So I'm installing the manual crank kit until I receive my Chevy Venture left window motor for $44.53 including the 2 day shipping from RockAuto. I found the Cub part for $236.00. These companies really like ripping people off. So 4 hours later, I tried to get the old motor working, I have installed the manual crank so I can get rid of this snow. We are suppose to have heavy snow all week. I appreciate the lead and the savings of $191.00. The part looks identical to what I had in my hand to compare. I am jazzed. It takes so long to manually crank the chute while blowing compared to flipping a switch. I have you in my favorites. Thanks again and again.