Oil & Fuel Oil Pressure Light Stays on on 1810

/ Oil Pressure Light Stays on on 1810 #1  

geezer2017

I have an '89 Cub Cadet 1810 that blew the front oil seal and the governor was about to let go. The engine is a Kohler Magnum M18 horizontal. I bought a rebuilt engine but am now having issue with the oil pressure light coming on. I took the old oil pressure sensor off the old engine but that didn't fix the issue. I took off the pressure switch and cranked the engine and did get oil to get pushed out of the block opening. When I tried it a second time after cleaning the contacts on the switch, it stayed off for a minute or two then came on again. The engine shows no sign of labor, knocking, or noise that you would expect from insufficient oil flow. This is a complete rebuilt engine(new pistons, valves, rings, and crank) so I'm not sure where to go with this. Do these sensors get clogged up and need to be cleaned out? I don't have a pressure pump/guage to test it with but both the sensor from the rebuilt and my old one both have the light come on. I don't know if there is a wiring issue that would cause that? I did replace the ignition switch as well and I confirmed that the ground wire is connected to the engine shroud so if anybody has any ideas, I'd appreciate it. I'm beginning to wonder if all this expense and frustration is worth it but a new tractor cost is ridiculous and they don't build these tractors like they did back then. Thanks for any input.

Steve Sartell
Huntley, IL

/ Oil Pressure Light Stays on on 1810 #2  
Hi Steve,

Just a thought, does the light go out above idle?

Somewhere you should be able to get a spec on the switch, how many lbs pressure to open or close it?

Can you put a gauge on the port in place of the sending unit?

Curt

/ Oil Pressure Light Stays on on 1810
I found the problem. I took a closer look at the way I had reconnected the remote oil filter lines and I had them reversed. I had disconnected them from the metal lines from the engine in order to remove the side sheet metal. I reversed them and the oil pressure light has stayed out. Thanks for your response but it wasn't the sending unit. It was "operator error".