Opinions Please

/ Opinions Please #1  

FINDCTR

Would love to have the opinions of dealers and owners of the new Cub Cadet / Yanmar tractors. Especially as it may regard your opinions of the support and relationship MTD gives the dealers and owners. I am considering adding a franchise and the only negitive I have been given was in regards to the parent company MTD. The warning was multi facited and very severe. Please share any experiences and opinions frankly. Thanks Dave

/ Opinions Please #2  
Hi Dave,
I posted this earlier, you may have already read it?
Curt

Let me start out by saying I'm a huge fan of Cub products, but have some concerns about their marketing of the CUT products. Other folks who have experienced the problems I'm about to mention can either confirm or deny the accuracy. My problem is that Cub doesn't seem to be able to decide on a make and model in the compact line and just about every year or two, new models are introduced, made for Cub by different companies. I'd be OK with that but I hear about relatively new models thet are already seeing parts in short supply or not available.

If you look at Ford/New Holland, Kubota or many other manufacturers, they develop a product line and build them for years. As a result there is a large installed base and a demand for parts that keeps them from becoming obsolete. I'd like to hope Cub and Yanmar are hooked up for the long haul, but I'm doubtful, because some Finance/Materials guy will find someone to build a cheaper version next year. They seem to be so short sighted.

I bought a Ford 1220 eight years ago. It's comparable to todays TC18. The local New Holland dealer has had all the supplies and parts I've needed since I bought it. Also, many parts/supplies can be bought online in a generic format, because they made thousands of them and because they shared parts with the 1320. 1520, 1620 and numerous other similar models.

If Cub wants to be a player, they better start playing on a level comparable to the leaders in the CUT category.

Just my opinion.

Curt

/ Opinions Please
Yes this is one of the concerns I have heard also! In addition I am told MTD the parent company really "screws" its vendors also adding to the parts availability issue and that they do not support their dealers or customers in ways that say New Holland or Mahindra do. Thanks for your input! Dave

/ Opinions Please #4  
Dave,

I have had a 3204, 5254 and now an SC2400. I have delt with two Cub dealers. The first was very small mom and pop operation, hard to get parts in a timely manner. The second is the one which I purchased my 2400 from. The second is a major player in my market and a full service Cub dealer. I have not had to replace any parts yet, but they seem to be well stocked.

Cub has always treated me great. One time when I needed a part for my 5254 and the dealer could not get the part, a call to Cub resulted in a free part with free shipping. How can you complain about that? Cub has also paid for free pickup and delivery on my 5254 for warranty service. Again, how can I complain about that?

I agree that models change to often. Hope this helps you.

Alan

/ Opinions Please #5  
as a dealer, cub/mtd is no different than any of the other equipment co. we deal with, which include stihl & exmark both of which are outstanding companies to deal with
as far as i see the compact biz with yanmar & cub there are major dollars now involved as they are a partner with yanmar, not just two stepping a line such as they did with the 7000 series 6-9 years ago.
a dealer with a parts availabilty issue, imo is usally in a cash flow prob and late on payments, it amazes me how many times i had a cust say they were told a part is on backorder but yet we get it the next day
we have been a cub dealer over 25 years and parts availability is no different than some of the other big players.
it seems cub is commited to compacts and their uv line,
as a dealer i have no prob going against any other color equipment in comp lines with cubs support,pricing,financing,selection.
i just don't see yanmar partnering up with a company they wouldn't have faith in