Will a #303 snowblower fit???

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #1  

tiny1

Tractor
2005 CC GT2550
I have a quick question.... I am looking at a #303 40" snowblower that is currently mounted on a CC 2518. Will this fit on a GT 2550 ???

From what I can tell, the 2518 was built in 2003 and my GT 2550 is an 2005, so I assume that they are the same tractor, just different motors, decks etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #2  
I think it should, as long as it has the metal hood and not the plastic hood. Maybe some of the other guys will know for sure

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #3  
The 2518 and your 2550 have the same frame, so mounting shouldn't be an issue if he got it to work on his. Same should be true for the belt, in regards to length and alignment.

But because the 303 wasn't designed for the 2500's, I'd be interested in knowing what (if anything) he did to make it work before purchasing.

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit???
The 2518 and your 2550 have the same frame, so mounting shouldn't be an issue if he got it to work on his. Same should be true for the belt, in regards to length and alignment.

But because the 303 wasn't designed for the 2500's, I'd be interested in knowing what (if anything) he did to make it work before purchasing.

That was my thought becasue I know that the 190-341 is the one that was designed for the 2550.
From what I have learned in my research, the 303 is an all belt driven unit ??, where as the 341 is belt from the PTO tp the gearbox under the tractor, then it is shaft driven from the gearbox to the blower itself.

And yes, my 2550 is the last year for the all metal hood :)

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #5  
The 190-341 and the 190-303 are the same snowblower. They revised the 303 because it has a bad reputation for "eating" the smaller belt. If you worked the blower alittle too hard the small belt would get hot then fail. One day I went through 2 belts while trying to clear a 8 inch snowstrom. I have a 303 that I orginally bought for my first tractor (2160), and then used it for awhile on my 2518. I have a 500 foot long driveway with a 3 car garage that I used to use this blower on. I now just use a plow because I can clean the driveway quicker with it.

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #6  
PS I had no problem mounting the 303 on either tractor. Hope this helps

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #7  
I just noticed on the parts list that the 341 only has one belt, while the 303 appears to have 2.

Also looks like the 341 has a drive shaft between the 1 belt and the gearbox housing that the 303 doesn't have. So basically it looks like they took the 303 and replaced the smaller belt portion with a shaft driven gear box. The rest, such as mounting, housing, etc. look the same.

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #8  
Yes I wish I had the extra money to buy the 341 as I probably use the blower more. The smaller belt on the 303 just isnt strong enough to handle the job. PS CCinCT check your PM's

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit???
So Drifter.... would you or would you not recommend the 303 with the lake effect snow that we can get off of Lake Ontario?? I am close to Rochester and I can ocassionly get lake effect off from Erie.

/ Will a #303 snowblower fit??? #10  
Hello to all, I'm just getting around to my first post.

I was hoping I could ask those with experience with the 303 blower why it tears up the belts. Most garden tractor blowers I've seen run off belts with no problems, and some have even more tortured routing than these.

Is the belt just too small to handle the HP? Has anyone ever tried a kevlar or heavy duty belt?

I just bought one for cheap and wrestled it onto my 2523 and now that I see this post, it seems like maybe I should sell it for scrap $.:confused: