over-ride 1541 reverse/pto

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #1  

harleyizy

Bronze Member
Tractor
GTX2154LE
does anyone know an easy way to disable the the reverse switch on a 1541 cub cadet?
i am afraid that with the pto constantly being kicked out when snow blowing will do costly damage to pto/blower drivetrain.
as of right now, sometimes it will kick out and sometimes it won't. would prefer it not working.

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #2  
We cannot tell you how to disable a safety switch. It was put on the unit to protect the operator from injury. There is absolutely no way I would tell you to bend the switch so the hydro pedal does not engage the safety switch. That would be defeating the purpose of the safety devises built and installed on your user friendly machine that will keep you safe.

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #3  
Sound advice from Dave!
Curt

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #4  
We cannot tell you how to disable a safety switch. It was put on the unit to protect the operator from injury. There is absolutely no way I would tell you to bend the switch so the hydro pedal does not engage the safety switch. That would be defeating the purpose of the safety devises built and installed on your user friendly machine that will keep you safe.

Nicely not said LOL

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #5  
A lot of safeties built into into mower may be inconvenient, but their intent makes sense. An example would be disengaging the mower when you get off the tractor, but disabling on reverse?

On many of these mowers they put an over ride so you could disable it.

Lawyers and stupid people?

Curt

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #6  
If I remember correctly; Cub was sued when someone backed up and ran over a child. That is why we have reverse disable sysem on Cubs. You see; it was Cubs fault foe someone backing up with mower running. Pretty soon, reverse will be disabled totally!!
Sign of the outlook of Americans. Quick buck.

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto
thank you for the un-advise. maybe i am incorrect on this, but the pto de-activates when i move the control lever to reverse on the dashboard. my 1541 does not have a reverse pedal. am i missing something here?

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #8  
Safety switches are located somewhere around the linkage on the forward/reverse lever whereever it is located. All safety switches should be checked for alignment for proper engagement. Never disable a saftey device.

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto #9  
On an 1862 I owned, it was a microswitch under the dash that the reverse control made contact with. If I remember correctly, I considered removing the fastener from one end and just swung it out of the way, in case I ever wanted to return to safe mode!

Curt

/ over-ride 1541 reverse/pto
thanks curt,
will have to wait for better times. am going to live with it for the time being.
we have been getting slammed in upstate new york. by the looks of it, so have a lot of other people too.