cub cadet parts order

/ cub cadet parts order #1  

shu

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case IH 45A
Just got away from the Cub Cadet official web site after an agonising session ordering parts. The sorryiest e-commerce web page I believe I have ever seen.

1. Guess what. I did not go to the official Cub Cadet web site to order third party parts. Don't waste my time parading advice on why I should buy original manufacturer. I value my time. All those moving graphics just slow the session down.

2. I didn't go there to listen to music, either. Kill it. Justs wastes my time waiting for it to load or hunting up the volume control to mute it.

3. The little insert pop-in-pop-out window with the 'shopping cart' list sometimes comes and sometimes goes. Mostly not there when I want it, and in the way blocking what's underneath when I want it out of the way. Gotta be a better way.

4. The multi-window parts manual presentation was kinda nice, but know what? I could have done better with just downloading a .pdf of the parts manual. Would have, except there was not any such.

5. During the order process the pages were so slow refreshing, over a minute and still not loaded, that at least three times I killed the whole thing and started from scratch. (yes, I am on roadrunner.)

6. BTW, I would have griped about Cub Cadet's sorry parts order web site privately to them but there was no "Contact Us" email address, phone number, or street address anywhere that I could find. Are they that ashamed of their product and service?

Maybe it's just Cub Cadet's way of non-competing with the dozen or so third party e-vendors who sell genuine Cub Cadet parts on the web - make their own official web site as frustrating as possible for the potential customers.

Anyhow, I could have mowed two yards at some of the dozen or so rental homes we manage in the time I lost trying to order Cub Cadet parts. Guess I'll be thinking about that when I buy the next lawn tractor.

-shu

/ cub cadet parts order #2  
just a ? were you on during the swearing in today? we saw multi web sites stop or crash because of the overload to the net with everyone streaming the event

/ cub cadet parts order
Valid point. I'll take that one back, but the rest of the gripes still stand. First website I've EVER seen w/o a "Contact Us" information. And 98 times out of 100 anything jumping around on a web page I'm trying to read is more of a distraction than a help or attraction. Maybe I'm just a crusty old black-screen command line guy. Lord knows I had to be dragged into the GUI age. I like to be in charge of what's going on in my machine.

Indeed, it was exactlythen - listening to the swearing in on TV in other room while working the computer.

- shu

/ cub cadet parts order #4  
Makes me glad that my dealer is close and has a bunch of parts on hand.

/ cub cadet parts order #5  
Shu,

My experience was similar, I had parts in my cart, added more, the originals disappeared.

Poor programming, I think there is a "Contact us" somewhere in there, you just need to search real hard to find it.

It's a shame because it's close to being a useful tool!

Curt

/ cub cadet parts order #6  
We sell cub parts on our website, with a much better catalog interface, and at a cheaper price. No need to fight with it.

/ cub cadet parts order #7  
The Cub Cadet Official site is a total joke. I can't tell you how many times I have registered and re-registered on it. When it does work it is a great thing but too many times it hasn't worked and I give up in frustration!

I am glad my dealer is 4 miles from my house!

Michael

/ cub cadet parts order #8  
Most anything that will break on a 2K series machine will be special order. Any maintenance or wear items they will have in stock. I've been down that road before. Tried my 2 local dealers for steering parts, would have had to wait weeks (I don't blame the dealers at all for that BTW). I tried online only to find most parts are indeed dealer only for CC's. In the end I bought used parts off fleabay.

Joel

/ cub cadet parts order #9  
I have bought most of the Cub parts I needed from Messick's
They are a great group to work with!

They are almost always priced better also.

Curt

/ cub cadet parts order #10  
I have ordered all kinds of parts from Saville's (Savilles Outdoor Power - Home) every thing from nuts and bolts to Snow Thrower parts and never had to wait more than a week or two.

CC GT3235