How's your winter?

/ How's your winter? #1  

micman32

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar 221/Cub Cadet XT2
How's everyone enjoying this winter? Here in N.E. Ohio we have had our share of snow and ice. I don't have a blade or snow blower so I have been using my dad's Ventrac to clear my drive.
You guys that have blades. DO they work well? It would be nice (at least for me) if I had one.

Michael

/ How's your winter? #2  
We've had a few good storms in SE CT, at least 3 worthy of plowing. It's been fun so far, and what's nice is we aren't even 1/2 way through winter yet.

My plow has been working great, and so has the flap. Haven't been able to get stuck yet, even when plowing paths in my yard through about 10-11" of snow. I've been trying, but my little CC just seems to really like snow.

/ How's your winter? #4  
We have had well over 100in. snow so far. Have been using blower regularly.
Would really like to have a cab.

/ How's your winter? #7  
I have a 42" blower for my Cub, although I haven't mounted or used it for a number of years and won't likely use it again since moving from western New York to Erie, PA. The main reason is although it's good on straightaways it is just too big to maneuver around things and not really useable on walkways or sidewalks. In my older years of laziness it's also sort of a PITA to remove the mower and mule drive and mount the blower, weights and chains. It did a good job, but I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

I got a 24" Ariens walk behind blower this fall, and it's been eating up some of the worst snowfall I have ever seen in this area so far, and is really easy to swing around things. I even use it in the back yard (yes, over the grass) to cut a runaround for the dog as she would be totally buried right now in the snow- something I would not likely be able to do with the big Cub blower. I think the little Ariens would end up up being faster and doing a more complete job with it's small size and ease of maneuvering at my current house. So all considered, this winter is going smoothly for me here :)

-Fordlords-

/ How's your winter? #8  
Not so good in central ND. Sixty inches of snow so far. Lots of wind. Supposed to blow about 50 mph today. I have a EX 3200 with rear blade and front end loader. It has done a good job for me. I finally ran out of room to put snow so I had a payloader come in and he spent about 5 hours digging us out. Life is good though. Warm house, heated shop, good kids.

/ How's your winter? #9  
Very interesting weather here in Detroit area.....very cold for extended periods of time, and LOTS of snow this year. I had my GT 3200 with blower (both nearly new) ready to go this fall, when my neighbor wanted to upgrade from his older JD, and kept inquiring about my Cub......so I sold it to him. He just retired from Chrysler, and has been very busy blowing snow in our subdivision....it's a race to see who can get to the snow first, but he always beats me!:mad:
I've got a blower and a blade for my 5000 series, and for some reason really like the blade more. I can scrape the snow closer to the pavement, and move it faster....and if I get a huge snowfall I guess I could use the blower. (Haven't needed it yet!) The front hitch setup on the 5000 (and 6000) Cubs is fantastic - just like a delta hitch. I can switch from blade to blower in a few minutes.
I've owned blades and blowers on a 1782, 2000, 3000, and 5000 series Cubs.....guess in my old age I'm getting spoiled, cause I really like the power lift and angle. I do have a soft cab and heater, but haven't had time to install it.
As Fordlord stated, the older Cubs took awhile to dismount the mule drive and attach the blade/blower. The 3000 and 5000 series are sooo easy.....
Just bought some property in Ohio, and driveway will be LONG.....so finally get a chance to really test the equipment in the future.
However, I'm currently at work across the pond, and the temp is ALWAYS 80+......I have the A/C running in my room 24/7! :cool:

/ How's your winter? #10  
Pretty good. We have plenty of snow and the fish are biting. What more can you ask for? :)