Cub Cadet 7205 Question

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #1  

tom63

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7205
I am going to replace the glow plugs and the Glow Controller on my used (but new-to-me) Cub 7205. Can anyone tell me where the Controller is located?

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #2  
This link may not be the exact answer you were looking for but it should allow you to track it down....:rolleyes:

1. Go to - www.cubcadet.com -
  2. Click on "Parts"
  3. Enter model # 7205 (Popup window opens)
  4. Go to Details in the lower right window
  5. Click on Illustrated parts List
  6. Scroll down to and double click "Electrical Equipment" (Another Popup window)
  7. Shows a schematic for that part of the system. #14 & #15 are the relay and controller respectively

No easy way to make a link directly to the page:confused:. Sorry.....

Licklog

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question
Thanks for the links guys. I'll give them a try!

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #5  
Those diagrams can be useless when it comes to pinpointing the location of various components. Sometimes they are OK. I just looked at my parts and service manuals plus the tractor and still don't know where it is for sure. Take off your side panels if you bother with those, find the wire that attaches to the front of the GP busbar and trace it back. Should lead you to the culprit. Why are you changing all that stuff out? I'll bet you are going to be well into $300 for the plugs, the relay and the controller. Plus you may have to change a harness if you are updating to the latest and greatest. Be sure to check your serial no. against the parts. There were changes for the worse IMHO. What problem are you having? I have been around the bend with the Mitsu GP's and if I was going to replace everything I would get the older 12 volt plugs and controller from an S3L generator unit and be done with the QGS which is way more trouble than it's worth IMHO. The NGK QGS unit on my Cub has been problematic for me obviously.

Outlander, Not updating but last week when I tried to start the tractor I got nothing but white smoke and no start. I checked the glow plugs with my ohm meter and they were ALL open! I read somewhere on this site that a bad controller could burn out the plugs if it didn't shut off the power correctly. It was suggested that, to be safe, change the controller when changing the plugs. So I ordered 3 plugs and the controller (not the relay) from Messicks for just shy of $200.
Just got the parts today and ohmed out the new plugs and they are all good and ready to go in. Hope that was the problem!!

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #7  
Sounds like you did OK with Messicks. I was thinking about ordering my next GP from them. I've never had all three go bad at once so now I guess I feel better. Thanks. I usually average one a year although last year it was two. The thing that annoys me is that in all of my Cub Cadet, Mitsu, and 15 Series Mahindra service material, nowhere do I find a test for that controller. I guess we are just supposed to throw a new part at it and hope for the best? If I burn out another plug I may replace the controller or fit some other system to it. Kubota controllers go for $10 on Ebay and the GP"s are $15. They are NGK. The Mitsu stuff is NGK but the controller is around $80 and the plugs around $35.. How much better/different can they be? This kind of apparent gouging gives me a stress.

I found where the Glow Plug controller is located. It is under the panel that is below the instrument panel, the one that the parking brake handle and the steering wheel adjusting lever protrude from. The GP relay is there also. Installed the new controller and the 3 glow plugs and the engine fired right up. Hope they last!

GPcontroller.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #9  
Thanks for that picture. It's great! That will save me time this Summer as I intend to investigate some comtroller options before next Winter. I sure hope that solves your problem permanently. I have to say though that outside of the GP issue the 7205 and it's relatives are really great utility machines.

/ Cub Cadet 7205 Question #10  
Just a thought to run by you guys with the Cub Compacts w/ the Mitsubishi engines. I was working on my neighbors IH 234 compact w/ the mitsubishi motor in it and it needed new glow plugs. I went to my Cub guy who also deals in CaseIH parts and he told me that he thought the Cub & CaseIH glow plugs were interchangable. He was out of the CaseIH glow plugs and it was going to take a few days or he said he could call another Cub dealer who is 20 minutes away to see if they would have a set. (He wasn't 100 percent sure they crossed however and that I should take the old ones if I went) I decided to wait for the CaseIH plugs as they were $18 compared to the $38 Cub. The CaseIH # off of the parts bag is 1273118C1. Again, my dealer wasn't 100% sure, however he thought that they had put the CaseIH gp into the Cub Compacts