Price Check Reasonable Price ...

/ Reasonable Price ... #1  

JGY

Silver Member
Hey out there in the world of TBN,

Could someone suggest a reasonable price / value on a used GT3100 tractor (160 hours, 2006 model) with the 44" mower deck and Cat 0 3pt hitch?

Am interested in buying one and have no idea of the value / pricing that is
reasonable.

Thanks,
Joe

/ Reasonable Price ... #2  
I guess it is unreasonable to have anyone answer your question!

I

/ Reasonable Price ... #3  
It's not too often, but occasionally a question comes up for which none of our members have a good answer, or at least an answer they're confident enough is right to want to express it.

/ Reasonable Price ... #4  
I would spend $4K easy on it, more depending on condition, if the 3PT is on it's own port (not shared with the deck), etc etc. But I'd be very interested in giving the whole thing a thorough going-over. If he's got a 3PT on it, it may have been used hard.

/ Reasonable Price ... #5  
Joe;
I've owned several 3000 series, but not the 3100. I can't remember if the 3100 has the diff lock? I wouldn't own a machine without it. Good point about the 3-pt....has the 160 hours been pulling a plow/tiller, etc. Check it over carefully.
I know the 3-pt will have it's own valve, there should be 2 handles on the left side of the seat. You could add a third valve for a front hitch with blade/snowblower if you wanted. I wouldn't go over $4000 for the setup. I'd try to get it closer to $3000. Definitely a good machine, it will do lots of work for you. The 3-pt adds versatility and value. The 44" is a small deck for the machine, you could always put on a 48, 54, or 60", but they are expensive and I don't know your lawn cutting requirements. Good luck!

/ Reasonable Price ... #7  
Joe;
I've owned several 3000 series, but not the 3100. I can't remember if the 3100 has the diff lock? I wouldn't own a machine without a diff lock . Good point about the 3-pt....has the 160 hours been pulling a plow/tiller, etc. Check it over carefully.
I know the 3-pt will have it's own valve, there should be 2 handles on the left side of the seat. You could add a third valve for a front hitch with blade/snowblower if you wanted. I wouldn't go over $4000 for the setup. I'd try to get it closer to $3000. Definitely a good machine, it will do lots of work for you. The 3-pt adds versatility and value. The 44" is a small deck for the machine, you could always put on a 48, 54, or 60", but they are expensive and I don't know your lawn cutting requirements. Good luck!
I've had a 1966 Bolens 850 for 43 years.
Probably have used the diff lock all of 6 to 8 times.
From that I've discovered that a diff lock is great for converting from 1 wheel spinning to 2 wheel spinning.:D

/ Reasonable Price ... #8  
Conversely, I've used the diff lock on several occasions which led me to my opinion. Wheel slipping on a slope, lock the diff and it walks right up the hill. While pushing snow, makes a huge difference between the 1wd and 2wd.
LB has a point...you may not need it depending on your application...but it's definitely nice to have when you need it. Makes a 2wd tractor a real 2wd!
And, If you're planning on using the the 3-pt for some groundbreaking, it sure would come in handy. I used my 1782's 3-pt quite a bit for groundbreaking, allthough it didn't have diff lock it had the rear locking brakes, which helped quite a bit. Good luck whatever you do!

/ Reasonable Price ... #9  
Doing a search on one site I saw a new GT3100 for $5150. Another site had a 2005 for $3100.

/ Reasonable Price ... #10  
I have a 3225 and it has the diff lock. After owning5 or 6 other Cub Cadets on a scale of 1 to 10 the 3225 would score a 1.1 .