ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power

/ ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power #1  

JWB53

Bronze Member
Tractor
07 toolcat
looking at ex3200tl, 99% of it's work will be mowing, want to use 6 - 8 foot rough cut deck, do ya think it has enough power, mostly flat to little slope property, cutting 1 to 2 foot high grass thanks

/ ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power #2  
Guess that would be 32 hp?? If that is what 3200 stands for,than don't think so,6ft might work,but 5ft would be the size most suitable.

/ ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power
yes it's 32 hp, i need hydrostatic drive, and like the 17,800 price, but to increase hp what model do you think i need thanks

/ ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power #4  
I don't know about the models of this brand,general rule is 25 hp for 5 ft cutter,30 hp for 6 foot cutter[5hp per foot].
You could use a 6foot on that 32hp probably no problem,but wouldn't think anything bigger.[also depends on pto hp as opposed to engine hp],depends on weight of tractor,etc.

So if above is correct than 40 -45 hp for 8 foot cutter

On the other hand my ck30 kioti's book says it has 23 pto hp,I use a 5 foot cutter and pretty sure I would have no trouble with a 6 foot cutter,even in tall heavy grass.

Another thought would be weight of a big cutter,[not sure how big the three point lift ones go up to],the bigger ones are just a pull type,and how narrow a place you can get a bigger one through.