Bronze Member
    Tractor
    07 toolcat

Default ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power

looking at ex3200tl, 99% of it's work will be mowing, want to use 6 - 8 foot rough cut deck, do ya think it has enough power, mostly flat to little slope property, cutting 1 to 2 foot high grass thanks

Platinum Member

Default Re: ex3200tl enough rough cut horse power

Guess that would be 32 hp?? If that is what 3200 stands for,than don't think so,6ft might work,but 5ft would be the size most suitable.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    07 toolcat

yes it's 32 hp, i need hydrostatic drive, and like the 17,800 price, but to increase hp what model do you think i need thanks

Platinum Member

I don't know about the models of this brand,general rule is 25 hp for 5 ft cutter,30 hp for 6 foot cutter[5hp per foot].
    You could use a 6foot on that 32hp probably no problem,but wouldn't think anything bigger.[also depends on pto hp as opposed to engine hp],depends on weight of tractor,etc.

So if above is correct than 40 -45 hp for 8 foot cutter

On the other hand my ck30 kioti's book says it has 23 pto hp,I use a 5 foot cutter and pretty sure I would have no trouble with a 6 foot cutter,even in tall heavy grass.

Another thought would be weight of a big cutter,[not sure how big the three point lift ones go up to],the bigger ones are just a pull type,and how narrow a place you can get a bigger one through.