mounting sprayer to cub 2542

/ mounting sprayer to cub 2542 #1  

mike194

Silver Member
Tractor
AGCO ST30X
today i built a mount for a 15 gal sprayer that slips into the frame rails on the back of my 2542. do you think the 120 lbs of water will be to much to be hanging off the back of the mower ? i tried to keep the tank as close to the back of the tractor as possible.

/ mounting sprayer to cub 2542 #2  
I had 162 pounds of suitcase weights hanging off the back all winter with no problems. Granted, they probably weren't as far back as your setup, but I still don't think you'll have a problem.

Any pics of your setup?

/ mounting sprayer to cub 2542 #4  
I'b be fine with that on my 1872 or 5252. Is there a spec in the manual for the hitch.
Maybe your rig isn't hitch supported?

We need pictures!

Thanks,
Curt

/ mounting sprayer to cub 2542
I made the tank suppport out of mostly 2" x .5" Channel. I had trouble finding anything else that would fit in the frame. I could have got some 2" x .75 bar, but that would have been pretty heavy. now with the tank empty it is really easy to slip it in and out. also I have included a pic of the rails as you can see i wedged a .25" peice of UHMW plastic in the bottom of the frame rails they are little over 2" tall and when i put the 2 inch channel in them they were kind of loose, since uhmw is ultra slippery it makes it easy to pull in and out.

i just made a 1/2 inch pin hole on the side to keep it from sliding out when on the move.

also i am using one of those boomless nozzles, i have not mounted it yet.

Attachments

• DSCF0349.JPG
    DSCF0349.JPG
    880.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF0348.JPG
    DSCF0348.JPG
    904 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCF0347.JPG
    DSCF0347.JPG
    885.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0346.JPG
    DSCF0346.JPG
    893.6 KB · Views: 248
   / mounting sprayer to cub 2542 #7  
Mike,
Nice work!
Maybe one good indicator of the effect of the weight will be how it steers when loaded?
I'm betting you'll be fine.
Thanks for the pics.
Curt

/ mounting sprayer to cub 2542 #8  
The 2500 series will handle it fine. You may be a little light in the front end ... but weights up front would help that. I have the rear mounted tiller, and it is HEAVY!!! I have about 60 lbs mounted up front and it does OK, but could still use a little more weight.