Is Cub Cadet no more?

/ Is Cub Cadet no more? #1  

NEFirewood

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 Mahindra 2015HST, Cub Cadet GT2542, Simplicity
I found this article online. I am wondering if the Cub Cadet brand or the high end mowers are going away??

TheRecord.com - Business - MTD Consumer Products closing U.S. mower plant

MTD Consumer Products closing U.S. mower plant
May 09, 2009
Record staff and news services
VILLE, TENN.

MTD Consumer Products is closing its lawn mower plant in Brownsville, Tenn. The plant, which produces Cub Cadet lawn mowers, will close July 10, resulting in the loss of 200 full-time and 280 seasonal jobs. MTD, based in Cleveland, Ohio, stopped making snowblowers in Kitchener last year, one year after it shut down its local press shop and tool and die operations. The closings eliminated more than 400 jobs. The company still has a distribution and service operation in Kitchener.

/ Is Cub Cadet no more? #2  
No, they have another plant some 30 miles away. Looks like they're cutting back on production numbers and consolidating to fewer plants.

/ Is Cub Cadet no more?
I wonder which products are affected by this? Is this the higher end machines (25/3500)? Or lower end? Or push mowers or what?

/ Is Cub Cadet no more? #4  
I work at MTD, as far as I know (from what I have been told) all units will be sent to other facilities to continue production. The I series was already moved back to the Willard facility in Ohio months ago. Other operations will be moving to the Martin Facility to continue production.

MTD is still doing fine, just downsizing to keep production in line with demand levels. You don't need to worry about Cub Cadet going anywhere, they are here to stay.

Like I said, mower sales run concurrently with new home starts, and with the lack of new home starts in the US, desire for new mower units has fallen a decent amount in the last few years.

MTD will weather the storm and is here for the long run, just like we've weathered many storms before.

Thanks

/ Is Cub Cadet no more? #5  
Hate to see they left Brownsville, Tn but glad to see they are still in Martin.