Lawn Therapy on the 2554

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #1  

hv cub

Anyone else here find mowing the lawn to be a form of therapy or just a chore that you'd rather not do?

Ever since I was a kid I always enjoyed (in an odd way) mowing the yard. Even though as a kid I had to mow my parents 2+ acres with a walk behind Ariens that maybe had a 42" deck.

I'm still wearing the new shine off the 2554 and with about 15 hours on it now, I'm very happy with the quality of the cut. Thought I'd share a few shots after today's work.

Attachments

• club shot1.jpg
    club shot1.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 222
  • club shot2.jpg
    club shot2.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 251
  • club shot3.jpg
    club shot3.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 241
  • club shot4.jpg
    club shot4.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 267
   / Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #2  
Once I get the 800 feet next to the irrigation ditch mowed then I can relax.That 1st lap on the 1+ acre that I mow has me on my toes,then I enjoy the rest.Get to clear my mind.Better than driving a truck through Chicago Mondy through Friday.

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #3  
I think that most people that need therapy don't mow their own lawn. If you can't find solace on the mower then you have too many things to mow around. I mow around 10 acres of our place a week and think that it's the best part of the week as long as something doesn't break.

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #4  
I love mowing my lawn. It isn't a chore when you have good equipment!

Michael

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #5  

I use this BX1500 to mow part of my 2.33 acres.

Was using a CC GT 2554.

Any one interested in a real nice CC

Once I get the 800 feet next to the irrigation ditch mowed then I can relax.That 1st lap on the 1+ acre that I mow has me on my toes,then I enjoy the rest.Get to clear my mind.Better than driving a truck through Chicago Mondy through Friday.

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #6  
I agree it's therapeutic for me anyway. I cut a lot and it use to be a drudge task to get it all done before I changed my approach.

Now like a golf course I cut a little bit each day. Mostly it's done after cutting/splitting wood or some other labor...now when I sit down to mow it's not a bad gig to do when your tired.

Another benefit aside from improved mental health is that our lawn appears to be eternally cut ...it's just that some areas are more recently cut than others.

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #7  
If tractor is in good shape it's great, if not it's horrible. This is why I sold the 1872. Nearly every time I took it out to use there was something to fix or do to it. Since I got the 2554 I have only changed the oil once and that is it. And that was extremely easy to do.

Last edited:
   / Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #8  
Some body is missing out on some great seat time mowing on this CC GT2554.:)

100_2432.jpg

If tractor is in good shape it's great, if not it's horrible. This is why I sold the 1872. Nearly every time I took it out to use there was something to fix or do to it. Since I got the 2554 I have only changed the oil once and that is it. And that was extremely easy to do.
:)

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #9  
The part on the 2544 is just bliss. The 2 hours with the push mower dealing with the side hills and septic mound gets old in a hurry. I can't remember the last time I had the stamina to pull out the weedwhacker.

/ Lawn Therapy on the 2554 #10  
The part on the 2544 is just bliss. The 2 hours with the push mower dealing with the side hills and septic mound gets old in a hurry. I can't remember the last time I had the stamina to pull out the weedwhacker.

Weed whacker= RoundUp for me :)