New guy needs HELP!!!!! FEL instructions

/ New guy needs HELP!!!!! FEL instructions #1  

kevin45

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7272
First off.....Hello all :D Now here is my dilema. I just purchased a Cub Cadet 7272 with a MMM and a FEL. Very nice clean tractor that I hope I will get many years of use out of. But when I got it, there were no operators manuals with it. The dealer is supposed to see if the owner has one and if not the dealer is supposed to get me one. The dealer was selling it for a friend. Anyways, I was reading on the FEL as to how to take it off, so seeing that I had time to kill I thought I would learn how to do it. Not too bad of a job or so I thought. I did finally locate the stand for it (remember that I have NEVER owned a tractor with a FEL before) found what two bolts to loosen at the lock pins and proceeded to do what the instructions stated on the FEL. I did have a little bit of a hard time getting the tube out of the front mount but it did finally release ( I will grease it next time I take the FEL off). Now that brings me to question #1. I have three hydraulic fittings. Two disconnect, one gets plugged with a dust plug on the tractor itself. The short hydraulic hose....dies it plug back into the fitting, or do I just let it hang? I can get pics of what I mean if I need to.
Now question #2......How is the stand supposed to fit between the bucket and the cross arm? The stand unfolds or is hinged. I was assuming on end goes on the cross arm and the other to the bucket with the stand horizontal to the ground, or at least I thought. When I went to hook the FEL back up, I fought with it for 45 minutes :eek: trying to get it to pivot or roll right so I could drive under the rear of the arm. Once I got the tires under and tried to roll it to lock it in, the FEL stretched out and would not roll back to lock. I finally did get it to drop down and lock in the back and then was able to get the front tube locked in. Besides feeling like a total idiot chasing it back and forth across the garage floor, I was just about wore out from the stress :( I know that it should be a simple process, so can someone tell me what I did wrong or post a pic as to how the stand is supposed to go?
I will probably have many more questions in the near future about the tractor. As I stated, this is the first CUT that I have ever owned or even really been close to, and it is the first Cub Cadet that I have ever owned, so I am coming into this rather blind. I'm no dummy, but I don't want to tear something up in the process. I have spent countless hours on th e'net trying to find something...ANYTHING....on the 7272's but searches really result in nothing found. About the only thing I have found is numerous threads about starting problems and I am right there with that also as I am having the same problem with mine, but I will save that for another day.
Also is there anywhere online that one may be able to download the "service manual", or an "operators manual". I have found specs and manuals for a Kubota, but not for a Cub. I'll add a few pics if I can of my "new to me" purchase. It is really a clean Cub and only has 384 hours on it. Even the deck plates where your feet go does not have the paint wore off. So far I love it!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF3096.JPG
    DSCF3096.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF3099.JPG
    DSCF3099.JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF3108.JPG
    DSCF3108.JPG
    463 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF3113.JPG
    DSCF3113.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 194
   / New guy needs HELP!!!!! FEL instructions #3  
I have a very similiar tractor... though I have not yet removed my loader as I use it for ballast. Seems to be quite easy though...
Check out the "Woods" site as they have manuals as well and as far as I know these are actually a woods loader.
Nice to see someone else with a larger cc tractor. I have owned mine for about a year and really do like mine. I use mine daily!! ... for work use : )
I would get some plugs for the quick connects though if you are going to not use the loader to keep the connections clean. Tractor Supply has em. Also you will need to disengage the hydraulics with the bypass lever on the hydraulic block or damage can occur to the pump when the loader is not used.

/ New guy needs HELP!!!!! FEL instructions #4  
Hey Kevin,

Nice tractor, what did they use it for for 300 hours, it looks new!

The first time I took the loader off my Ford, it took an hour, the second time was probably ten minutes. On the Ford, the stand just rolls up to support the arms, I'm betting yours is similar. Also, once removed, you need to be able to push into it to reinstall, so plan on leaving it either against a wall or somewhere you can prevent it from scooting away from you on install.

It is an awesome tool to have on hand.

Good Luck,
Curt

/ New guy needs HELP!!!!! FEL instructions #5  
Kevin,

Nice tractor. I recently purchased by first CUT - a CC 6284 with FEL. I was about to offer to send you a copy of my loader manual but in your pictures there appears to be some differences between your loader and mine. I have not removed my loader from the tractor yet and I will be following your situation with interest to see what I can learn before I attempt it.

Owning your first CUT is definitely a learning experience. I drove my self nuts trying to use a box blade to grade my long gravel driveway until I learned that you really need a blade that can be set at an angle to the direction of travel to avoid creating a long row of hills and valleys - who knew? :rolleyes:

I recently purchased a new 3 point rotary cutter (bush hog) and have been busy mowing our mile of nature trails and several acres of paw paw grove. As time goes on I think I will also purchase a finish mower to mow our three acres of lawn. I am leaning towards a 3 point finish mower but I am curious about how well your belly mower works. Since I have a lot of obstacles to negotiate the belly mower might be a better choice. Have you had an opportunity to remove and reinstall the belly mower on your tractor yet? If so, how did that go?

One thing I have learned in my research on these tractors in the importance of changing the hydro fluid and filters on a regular basis and using the correct fluids and filters.

Good luck with your CUT. Keep us posted.

Jeff