Oil & Fuel Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak

/ Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak #1  

jpmorgan12

I noticed a strong fuel smell coming from my 4 year old Cub 1046. Looked underneath and saw a slow leak where the rubber fuel line meets the tank.

Thought (hoped) it was the fuel line, so I snipped off about 2 inches from the end, reconnected, and still had a slow leak.

Through some basic troubleshooting, it appears as if the bottom of the tank has a slow leak around the nozzle that you connect the fuel line to.

1) Have any of you ever heard of a Cub tank leaking? It has been fine for 4 years, so it just started.

2) Is it difficult to replace tank? I found the part online for about $100.

3) Any other ideas? Am I heading down the wrong path?

Thanks

/ Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak #2  
You might be able to repair the leak. Drain the gas and let the tank dry good. Check the automotive section at Walmarts or go to an auto store like Autozone and find an epoxy for plastic fuel tank repair or one that is gasoline resistant. If it don't wok then you can buy the new tank.

Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak #3  
JP Did you try replacing the hose clamp at the end of the hose where it goes over the tank nipple? 2 part epoxy will do the job...and the price is right. I've used a 2 part epoxy called 'Marine Tec' to repair a tank leak and it's held up for 6 years or so.

/ Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak
The 2 part epoxy for fuel tank repair at Autozone did the trick. No more leak! Thanks for the tip.

/ Cub Cadet LT 1046 - Fuel Leak #5  
If it is palstic you can take it to a radiator shop most can weld plastic