Mowing Mower deck for 2518, any advantage of 48" over 44"

/ Mower deck for 2518, any advantage of 48" over 44" #1  

mc25a

I have a 44" deck on my 2518 now. It cuts well and is in good shape. I was thinking of trying to track down a 48" deck for it if I can find one at a good price. Not so much for the size but it just looks like a better deck.

I only base that on the fact that the more expensive mowers usually come with decks with the swivel wheels like this on has. I guess that's so it can ride on the ground. Is that really better?

/ Mower deck for 2518, any advantage of 48" over 44" #2  
I have a 44" deck on my 2518 now. It cuts well and is in good shape. I was thinking of trying to track down a 48" deck for it if I can find one at a good price. Not so much for the size but it just looks like a better deck.

I only base that on the fact that the more expensive mowers usually come with decks with the swivel wheels like this on has. I guess that's so it can ride on the ground. Is that really better?
I don't think it would be worth going for the 48'' since you qalready have the 44'

If you did not already have a deck I would recommend the 48'' over a 44''.:)

/ Mower deck for 2518, any advantage of 48" over 44" #3  

I myself like the deck that follows the ground, the 48 and 54 inch decks are very well built decks. If you are needing a replacement then one of these will give you many years of service and a very good cut. good luck ! !