1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR

/ 1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
I have a 2007 1045 ...loses drive to the deck every 10 minutes or so...Does not seem to be attributed to speed or any thing else.......I already bypased the seat switch because my son is a little short to keep weight on the seat......I've had it from new ..gradually got worse..?

/ 1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR #2  
I'd bank on a poor connection in a wire. That is if your wire job is not failing.

Go to every connection on the PTO wiring and see if any of the wires are loose in a terminal. Check them individually, I often use needle nose pliers to do this. I'd do it first, I've seen a lot of parts changed with out a positive result for this problem.

/ 1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR #3  
When the PTO stops what do you have to do to start it again? If all you have to do is turn it off and back on again the relay is likely faulty.
1000-1500Wiring.jpg

/ 1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR
Yes just re-engage and away to go....I by passed the seat so long ago i cant remember but sureley that cut out the motor not just the deck.......And don't worry it was'nt a "Twist and tape" job..lol
Connections and wires all test and look good and it has never spent a night outdoors in it's life.
...Useful diagram thanks..!

/ 1045 deck keeps CUTTING OUT OF GEAR #5  
Yes the seat switch just grounds out the magneto. This is from the service manual.

The Seat Safety Switch consists of a pair of
simple metal contact tangs attached to the seat
mounting bracket.
The yellow wire with white trace is connected to
the front spade terminal on the seat safety
switch. When the seat is vacant, the tab on the
seat bracket closes a ground path in series with
the PTO switch. If the PTO is ON and the seat is
empty, the circuit is completed, shorting-out the
primary windings of the magneto, turning-off the
engine.

The yellow wire with black trace is connected to