OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET

/ OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET #1  

evan4434

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3184
Has anyone been able to modify an OR-BILT loader to fit on a 2500 CUB? I have a 2544 it looks like they put these on some small Deere's, so I would think it comes with a hydraulics pump and everything.

Lawn Garden Tractor Loader John Deere OR-Bilt

/ OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET
My local dealer has a 330 John Deere for sale which the OR-BILT loader will work on. I have been doing some reading and the 330 sounds like a pretty solid mower. Anyone have any info related to a 330?

Would it be worth trading my Cub 2544 straight across for a 330 John Deere. It does have 3 cylinder Yamar Diesel in it too.

/ OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET #3  
Evan, 300 series JD's are excellent machines. Your Cub 2544 is a great machine. If you REALLY need a machine with true front loader capability IMO, you're better off buying it that way off the floor. Keep in mind you can get a diesel 4x4 Kioti or Mahindra with a FEL for ~$12K with wicked financing deals to boot.

Joel

That would be the way to go, but my wife would kill me :)

/ OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET #5  
   / OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET #6  
I'd be very wary of putting a loader on something that small. It's just not made for it. Even the 330. It's a great garden tractor and certainly heavier duty than your Cub Cadet. Even still, a loader can put tremendous stress on your frame and front axle. Much more than the carrying capacity of the bucket. It is a big lever after all. Resist the temptation.

I'd be very wary of putting a loader on something that small. It's just not made for it. Even the 330. It's a great garden tractor and certainly heavier duty than your Cub Cadet. Even still, a loader can put tremendous stress on your frame and front axle. Much more than the carrying capacity of the bucket. It is a big lever after all. Resist the temptation.

What about the Johnny Bucket? Would that be too much for a 2544 front ent?

Thanks

/ OR-BILT Loader on CUB CADET #8  
Johnny Buckets are a cool attachment and probably great for certain applications like moving mulch, etc, but I question their overall usefulness given their high cost. The 2544 is a strong machine, but they do have weak spots like any piece of equipment. For example, I snapped the lower steering shaft and split the steering gear case open on my 2544 trying to horse the front end of the machine out of a rut (front wheel fell in a rut). There was no weight on the tractor at all at the time. There are some really skilled people on these boards that custom crafted FELs for small lawn/garden tractors. With money and/or resources, anything can be done. IMO, for a truly useful FEL, you need it bolted to a compact utility tractor or larger.

Joel