1641 Cub Cadet

/ 1641 Cub Cadet #1  

FxdGrMind

Silver Member
Tractor
B7800
2 years ago I was running it and it started loosing power... fumigating the neighborhood in the process.

Changed Filters, oil, plugs and battery, good to go... well until last w/e.

I had used it the prior w/e and no issues, then went to start.... only ran on Choke with huge smoke out in the garage.....cofff cofff.

I again changed oil, filters, plugs but not the bat as that is only a year old and turns the motor with ease.

It only runs on Choke with lots of smoke out the exhaust. And I MEAN LOTS!!!!

I checked the fuel pump by turning over the engine with the fuel line disconected from the carb and fuel flowed... but maybe not enough???

If it runs it's getting spark... so the fuel is the only think I can think of. But it has 400 + hrs... so is it something more?
Should I just think of replacing the engine? I've read that the new fuels are causing problems with valves... hence may be adversely affecting the fuel pump as it runs off the diff/pressure in the valve cover... Maybe that's why it's not pumping fuel?

Any thoughts?

/ 1641 Cub Cadet #2  
Black smoke or White smoke ?

/ 1641 Cub Cadet
I'd say more white than black. Just like a bug sprayer from back in the 70's.... if you are of age to remember that DDT spraying in the summers.....:eek:

/ 1641 Cub Cadet #4  
Briggs Vanguard 16 HP twin ?
Whitish smoke sez it's burnin oil. Black smoke usually means burnin too much fuel.
Mebbe some of the briggs vanguard experts here can asssist further.

/ 1641 Cub Cadet #5  
What did the old pougs look like?? Reading them could give ya an indication as to what is going on.. Lots of things could have happenned to cause your trouble so check the basics: Spark/Fuel/Compression.. Trouble could range from a stuck float to stuck or broken piston rings or valve troubles.. :cool: