IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems

/ IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems #1  

56FordGuy

Gold Member
Hey y'all. I didn't know exactly what section to put this in, but this one seemed like the closest.

I'm working on a 154 Cub LoBoy. Long story short, I need to remove the R-1 shift fork from the transmission. I have the top cover off, the clutch removed, and the bracket for the clutch brake removed. It looks like the shift rail on that side should slide out the front of the transmission, I can look through a hole that was under the clutch brake bracket and see the end of the rail. Problem is, the rail does not want to move. I do have the bolt removed that holds the shift fork to the rail. I can't find any pins or clips that would be holding the rail in. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any advice would be appreciated.

/ IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems #3  
This is the wrong site. Go to Farmallcub.com and you'll have all the info you need in a matter of minutes. This mostly new tractror site.

/ IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems #4  
The transmission on our International 184 was shot after countless years of mowing our 36 acre factory. The cost of the parts to rebuild it was almost enough to purchase a new mower. We found a Cub Cadet 306C with engine problems for $400 and easily Frankenstein-ed the two together. There are only a few minor differences between the 184, 154, and the 306C. Most of the differences are in color of paint, the control linkage, or the PTO. Now we have lots of spare parts and a complete Cub Cadet (Woods) mower deck.

/ IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems #5  
The oil in my 154 seems to get dark very soon aft changing. Does anyone know what might cause this?

/ IH Cub 154 LoBoy problems #6  
The oil in my 154 seems to get dark very soon aft changing. Does anyone know what might cause this?
I would start a new thread for tractor this is old thread.