Snow MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045

/ MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #1  

mmurray26

I recently purchased an MTD 190-032 snow thrower attachment for my Cub Cadet LTX 1045 model. This is the one Home Depot told me would fit.

I got to the point in the instructions where I mount the auger assembly and it looks like the front of my Cub Cadet and what the assembly "expects" are two different things. The front of the tractor doesn't have the same holes/shape as the figure in the directions (see attached). I put the shoulder bolt in the only hole it can fit into. But when I mounted the auger assembly the quick release pin holes did not line up.

It's too late tonight to call MTD support but does anyone know 190-032 should fit this model and/or do I need some kind of adapter kit?

Attachments

• CC.JPG
    CC.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 3,276
  • MTD.JPG
    MTD.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 2,122
   / MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #2  
I need to see a picture of you tractor because that is the snow blower for your tractor. I am confused though. Your tie rod ends look like they are different than mine. I just got done mounting mine tonight. your picture looks like it is up side down

/ MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045
Here's a few more pics. I even included a picture of my model number sticker. I'm wondering if there are changes made throughout the production cycle.

Attachments

• DSC02108.JPG
    DSC02108.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 2,892
  • DSC02111.JPG
    DSC02111.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 3,966
  • DSC02112.JPG
    DSC02112.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 890
   / MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #4  
I'm looking at you pictures and it looks like it should fit. I see the holes the J pins drop in. I was working with Dan (Flyweed) mounting his snowblower last week. He said the heat shield had to be removed around the exhaust in order for the Auger to fit. It sounds like your having the same problem he had. The thread with Dan & myself is at the top here in this forum. Try removing the heat shield, Dan said it was 4 bolts. When I mount my snow blower the hanger mount for the front of my mower is also removed. Your model has a different front deck mount hanger. I do see it still mounted on your tractor. You might have to remove the rest of the hanger. It looks like it is part of the heat shield Dan was talking about

000_0531Medium.jpg

My tractor has a side discharge muffler so I couldn't install the heat shield on the auger assembly. But even with the tractor heat shield and the deck stabilizer bracket it looks like I have plenty of clearance for the auger and the lower drive belt.

My problem is with the holes lining up. When the auger housing is slid onto the shoulder bolt, the holes don't line up for a J-bolt (or quick release pins in my case). The hole where the J-bolt would go is about 1/2" lower than the hole you see in my picture. I looked at your step-by-step post and it looks like the holes just aren't the same distance apart. It's like I have to drill a new hole for either the shoulder bolt or the J-bolt (or both). It's a bummer as today would have been a good day to try it out and MTD is closed until Monday.

/ MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #6  
You have to lift the auger and shake it around. I use a pallet jack to lift it in place. Put the auger on a couple if 4X4 blocks. It has to be elevated.

/ MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #7  
When I install the auger it is at least 4 inches off the ground. 1/2 inch below the the hole sounds right if you auger is siting on the floor. MTD makes Cub-Cadet these units are built for eachother

Timber - you're right. I finally got it attached (after calling Home Depot and telling them they sold me the wrong one). The auger was heavy so I had propped it up with some 2x4s and screwed up the angle. After having a buddy help me we lined it up the right way and it's fine. Thanks for your help. Big time rookie mistake :)

/ MTD Snow Thrower doesn't fit my LTX 1045 #9  
LOL no problem. The instruction are not great. The 1st time I installed mine I struggled too. I love mine been 4 years now. What is your location. I am getting 20 inches this morning. It take me longer to put chains on now than mounting the snowblower