cub cadet 1081 Pully removal?

/ cub cadet 1081 Pully removal? #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
hey folks, I just bought a nice rider mower with blown 18.5 B/s I'm in the middle Of changing out the engine from My poulan 17 hp B/s ..... the Cadet has the elcric clutch and was no problem to remove althought the top pully will not come loose.... I have spray pent oil and let set for an hour then using a puller and still no budge only bending the rims of the pully, I see no signs of a key or set screw anywhere, I guess my only option is to put some heat to it? but anyone know if there is a trick to removing this thing?
2004 Cub cadet 1081 1000 series Hydrostat drive
Thanks

/ cub cadet 1081 Pully removal? #2  
If you have bearing separator you can get it behind the pulley and then use the puller to pull it off otherwise heat and penetrating oil are your only options. Just be cafeful not to apply too much heat as it my ruin the crankshaft seal.
P11568320.jpg

/ cub cadet 1081 Pully removal?
Thanks for your suggestions, I used the heat method and it came off, no problems about ruining the seal as there is a big hole in the block anyway:D
Thanks

/ cub cadet 1081 Pully removal?
well the engine transplant was successful, even though I went from the original 18.5 down to a 17 hp the mower still seems very strong running,the only modifications I had to make was the 17 hp was gravity fed fueled and the original 18.5 had a fuel pump because the Mower tank is in the rear and lower the the carburetor, I had to drill a 3/8 hole into the oil filler tube and thread in a nipple to connect the hose in order to have vacume to make the fuel pump work, my wife cut with it this morning for 2 hours and no problems,
I have never operated a Hydro-stat mower but this really beats the heck out of using a clutch and gears, I actually got this Cub cadet for my wife she does most of the lawn cutting around here :thumbsup: has been using the old reliable Poulan for the past 13 years in which the first 7-8 years went well then was one thing after another breaking and in need of re-welding, although the engine always continue to run strong and no using oil, there is not telling how many hours on the engine and if ever were to buy another new mower it would definitely be Intek OHV,;) I had the opertunity to buy this used but very new condition cub cadet at a good price, now with the intek engine will see how many more years it will continue to run on this Cub cadet:drink: BTW my wife loves it she calls it "her tractor" ...
I do have a question to those who might know? do the 1000 series have the ability to connect a 2 or 3 ptn hitch? I notice it has bolts on the rear as though something would hook to them and also the front bumper has a quick disconnect pins as might use some kind of implement up front? again it is a 2004 1081 1000 series .