Time to upgrade??

/ Time to upgrade?? #1  

VinceSMTA

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2542, Sc2400
If only I had a larger property I think I would be looking into stepping up from my Cub Yanmar Sc2400. There is a dealer south of me advertising an Ex3200 w/ loader for $13,775! Sounds pretty good to me, it mentions a free loader program...I haven't heard of this?? Oh well, with only 5 acres I wouldn't have too much use for it anyway.

/ Time to upgrade?? #2  
Vince;

It can't be new for that price?? That is a STEAL if it's new w/loader. That's the price of the 2400!
And, with 5 acres.....I think it might be justifiable? Lawn/field/woods?

Sooo...where is it you live!?:cool:

/ Time to upgrade?? #3  
My dad's local deal had a demo one (SC2400) with a loader and mower for $12,000 which is a good deal imo...

/ Time to upgrade??
Scout, the Sc2400 is plenty for me...if anything I wouldn't mine the new Sx3100. However, until I do a hostile take over of the neighbors land I won't be in the market for a bigger tractor...although I have been on the look out for a larger mower so we can mow more of our yard. Back on topic, I double checked the listing and it said new w/ full warranty Ex3200 w/ Loader 13,755...I am going to tell a friend about it (I love telling others how to spend their money)

/ Time to upgrade?? #5  
Scout, the Sc2400 is plenty for me...if anything I wouldn't mine the new Sx3100. However, until I do a hostile take over of the neighbors land I won't be in the market for a bigger tractor...although I have been on the look out for a larger mower so we can mow more of our yard. Back on topic, I double checked the listing and it said new w/ full warranty Ex3200 w/ Loader 13,755...I am going to tell a friend about it (I love telling others how to spend their money)

Vince -
After a bit of internet searching, I've seen a few of these deals, some are 09 leftovers but full warranty for the 13,600-13,700 price tag. IMO, this is a fantastic deal on a great machine. I've been trying to justify selling 2 of mine to get one, but 1 hangup is it doesn't have a blower as an option....got the mower and front blade, but no blower....
As for the SX3100, I was discussing this with a dealer friend and he said Cub has priced it pretty high for now....
I wonder if the 3200 has the shift-on-the-fly like the 2400? I'm really impressed with that option, but can't seem to find it listed on Cub's advertising....

/ Time to upgrade?? #6  
I've also been thinking of upgrading from my Sc2400. I'm trying to figure out if the rear remotes on the EX3200 used for the backhoe are standard, or if they only come with the backhoe. I can't seem to find any info on this.

After reading the Exclusive Features information, it looks like the rear remotes are optional.

/ Time to upgrade?? #7  
Hi guys,

If your thinking of upgrading to a larger Cub Cadet Yanmar now is the time.

They are offering a free loader promotion until the end of August on EX3200 and SX3100 models. This saves just under 3000 dollars!

:D

/ Time to upgrade?? #8  
Does anyone know if the 3200 has a quick-attach bucket? That's one pet peeve of my 7532.....have to unbolt & bolt forks back on.....1 hr +. I use the forks quite a bit.....

/ Time to upgrade?? #9  
Scout,
No quick attach bucket and no shift on the fly on the 3200. You do have three gear ranges though so might not be as much need for the shift on the fly but it would be nice. The free loader program ended 8/31 up here.

/ Time to upgrade?? #10  
OK, thanks.
My 7532 also has the three ranges, that is very handy. Guess I'll stick with what I got for now........!