Sc 2400 Brush Hog size

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #1  

MARKMILES77

Tractor
Yanmar EA 2400
Question to SC 2400 owners.

What is the largest Brush Hog you have used on this tractor?
Is a 4' 6" Brush Hog feasible for this tractor?

I am looking for a sub compact tractor and have started visiting dealers of the various brands.
When I mentioned to the SC 2400 salesman that I potentially needed to cut quite a few acres, he said that a 4' 6" brush Hog was fine for this tractor.
Is he just exaggerating the tractors abilities to get the sale?

Thanks

Mark

By the way, this tractor is sold in Australia direct by Yanmar (Cub Cadet does not sell tractors in Australia) as the Yanmar EA 2400.

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #2  
Mark,

I used to brush hog with a 5ft cutter and 19 hp at the pto.

Your terrain also comes into play, i.e. hills, type of grass you will be cutting, etc.

I would think your tractor will work fine with that 4 footer.

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #3  
I believe that tractor is designed for a ~4'~ brush hog. 4'6" should be OK. 5'.....I would proceed cautiously. Many different weights for bush hogs.
My example - I have a older Cub 6284 - 28 HP. Designed for a 5' brush hog, which I had and it handled very well. Decided to get bold and put a 6' KK brushhog on it.....it looked to dwarf the tractor it seems so big. Plus, I've got some serious slope to mow.
The tractor will do it, but I tried to mow uphill on the steepest part, and the front end was getting light, and all tires would start slipping.....so it definitely has limitations.

I think 4 or 4.5 feet you'll be fine.

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size
Thanks for your replies.
Seems that it would be a feasible option.

Mark

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #5  
Mark -

Good luck shopping. I REALLY like the shift-on -the-fly on the 2400.

Pics of what you get!

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #6  
A four foot unit should be no trouble on the SC2400 tractor. To go much more and as stated in an earlier post you get a little light on the front when on hills.

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size
Mark -

Good luck shopping. I REALLY like the shift-on -the-fly on the 2400.

Pics of what you get!

Hi Scoutcub
Am not yet committed to any particular brand but there are specials on the 2400 at the moment, which make it very cheap compared to the JD 2305, Kubota BX2360 etc. One issue here in Australia is that the Australian dollar has been rising and rising against the US dollar. So if you had purchased a tractor in the last 12 months you would find that you could buy the same tractor Today for much less money than 12 months ago. Some of the brands haven't lowered their price but now offer packages where you get Tractor, Brush Hog, box blade, carryall, single tyne ripper etc for the same price that you used to pay just for the tractor! Makes you hesitant to buy in case in three months they offer an even better deal.

Mark

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size
A four foot unit should be no trouble on the SC2400 tractor. To go much more and as stated in an earlier post you get a little light on the front when on hills.

Hi Art

The land it would be used on is almost perfectly flat, so hills aren't an issue.

Mark

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size #9  
Hi Scoutcub
Am not yet committed to any particular brand but there are specials on the 2400 at the moment, which make it very cheap compared to the JD 2305, Kubota BX2360 etc. One issue here in Australia is that the Australian dollar has been rising and rising against the US dollar. So if you had purchased a tractor in the last 12 months you would find that you could buy the same tractor Today for much less money than 12 months ago. Some of the brands haven't lowered their price but now offer packages where you get Tractor, Brush Hog, box blade, carryall, single tyne ripper etc for the same price that you used to pay just for the tractor! Makes you hesitant to buy in case in three months they offer an even better deal.

Mark

Sounds kinda like playin the stock market......

I know what you mean about the currency exchange, I work in Africa (with several Aussies), get paid in Canadian, and always comparing notes on exchange rates.

Good luck Mate! :thumbsup:

/ Sc 2400 Brush Hog size
The SC 2400 remains near the top of my list for my sub compact purchase as I continue my research into the Pros and Cons of each brand.
One issue though, I was reading on another site Today, that the SC 2400 has only a limited towing capacity. The figure quoted was 661Ibs (300kg)!
That cannot be correct is it? I have a 2400 brochure and have searched the website but cannot see any mention of towing capacity.

Can any current owners of SC 2400s shed any light on this question?
Can you fit a regular tow ball?

Thanks

Mark