Headlight Replacement

/ Headlight Replacement #1  

Licklog

Bronze Member
East Tennessee, GSMNP, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge,
Tractor
CC 7205
My CC7205 had what I thought was a burned out headlamp. It ended up being a broken headlamp socket. In order to replace socket I would need to buy an entire headlight assembly for $80 or so; not willing to do that.

Before I start to search the auto stores for substitutes I thought I would ask everyone here if they had a similar situation and found a solution or had some ideas on where to look/what to do for replacement.

Thanks,

Licklog

/ Headlight Replacement #2  
Cub changed the bulb style for some reason and thats why they want sell you a new assembly. The old style bulb had three tabs and the new one has three slots. They may have changed it because of the problem you have. The old style harness is still available from some part places and is part # MA-10192842002 I googled that number and found it at partstree.com for $24.58. I didn't search any further to see if it can be had for less than that.

/ Headlight Replacement
Thanks OldMachinist. \

I do have the new style (slotted) connector. The dealer is even embarrassed about the need to purchase the entire assembly rather than the pigtail. I had gone to Partstree.com originally and they had the assembly for a similar price. The part number you have is for different models of CC but it looks the same. I really don't care if it is the old style. The only real issue is if it has the same connector and will fit the rest of the wiring harness. The pictures are inconclusive on that.

Any info?

/ Headlight Replacement #4  
I was hoping you had the old style headlight and they were trying to sell you the new style assembly to replace it so the number I gave won't help.