2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power.

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power. #1  

MARKMILES77

Tractor
Yanmar EA 2400
My 2400 with only 12.5 hrs suddenly has no power. Can barely move the tractor let alone power the MMM! Was working fine until Today and then suddenly while mowing grass began to loose power. Engine sounds like it is running rough and won't rev very high.
Plenty of fuel, air filter clean as a whistle, all fluids seem OK.
And of course rang the dealer to find they are closed till Monday!
Anything I could do/check myself over the weekend which might fix the problem? Need to cut an acre of grass.

Thanks for any advice

Mark

P.S. Must say I am very disappointed to be having an issue like this with so few hours of use.

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power. #2  
Check the obvious:
Is the parking brake unlatched?
Is the vent in the fuel tank cap not plugged.
Is there fuel in the tank?
Is there oil in the engine?

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power.
Check the obvious:
Is the parking brake unlatched? Yes
Is the vent in the fuel tank cap not plugged. There isn't one.
Is there fuel in the tank? Full
Is there oil in the engine? Correct Level

I appreciate the reply.

Checked the fuel water separator. No problem there.

Mark

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power. #4  
Does the engine/tractor work correctly without the deck engaged? In example there might be something wrapped in the mower.
Also check if the brake is in fact released. Check the mechanism such as linkage, springs etc.

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power. #5  
Sounds like a fuel issue. Using the right fuel right?

/ 2400 with only 12.5 hours has lost power. #7  
MFRED, I was thinking the same thing. I let a neighbor borrow borrow my Case 1845C many years back. He brought it back to me with a full tank of gas... unfortunately it had the 4 Cylinder Case Diesel in it! Still shaking my head over that one.

How cold is it where your at? Maybe the diesel fuel has gelled.

Hi Old Machinist
I am near Melbourne in Australia where it is about 70 Fahrenheit so gelling of fuel is out.

Thanks for the reply

Mark

All the replies seem to be pointing to a fuel issue so I decided to drain all the fuel out of the tank and replace it with new.
Seems to have fixed the problem as the tractor is running perfectly and I was able to cut my grass!:) I have no idea what was wrong with it???

What worried me most was we have just bought an extra 6 acres (currently on just 2) and was thinking I might trade the 2400 in on something larger. The last thing you would want is to have your trade in tractor with some sort of serious problem.

Appreciate all the replies:thumbsup:

Mark