6284 loader lift pressure

/ 6284 loader lift pressure #1  

scoops

Bronze Member
I felt a little embarrased yesterday. I went to lift a piece of equipment on to a trailer, and the factory loader would not lift it, about all i can lift is my mmm with it.

With that said, does anyone know how to adjust the relief pressure?

I am going to throw some weights in the bucket and test it again to see where it stops lifting, but that equipment I was lifting could not have been more than 500 lbs, and I think the loader is rated about 750.

/ 6284 loader lift pressure #2  
Where you lift it in the travel of the loader means ALOT. If its at ground level there is alot more lift available than higher in the air. Dont forget how you attached it. IIRC loaders are rated for their lift at the pins where the bucket attaches without the bucket on. Anybody feel free to correct this. So if you threw a chain from the top of the bucket out over the lip, then thats alot harder for the cylinders to lift.

/ 6284 loader lift pressure #3  
Read your manual to find the pump pressure.

Find the relief valve and install a gage and check the pressure. If lower than about 50 psi below the pump pressure, then adjust it to 50 PSI below max pump pressure.

The relief could be on a valve or on a hyd block manifold.

You will need a 3000 psi pressure gage like this .

Attachments

• !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 200
  • !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 213
   / 6284 loader lift pressure
Thanks JJ. While I cant seem to locate a service manual for my 6284, I found one for the 7000 series, which may be close enough.

I have attached the section that is relevant.
I will order a gauge and test.

Attachments

• pressure test.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 160
   / 6284 loader lift pressure #5  
The relief pressure for the tractor in the pdf, is at 2133 PSI.

After installing the gage, max out the cyl and read the pressure, and go from there. If it is to low, then adjust with shims or turn the relief nut in to increase the pressure.

/ 6284 loader lift pressure
thought I'd post and update and share some info.
Finally got a gauge and adapter this weekend, and hooked it up,
I was indeed under max psi, I was about 1100.

Looked in the 7000 service manual, and it said I had to remove fenders and right rears wheel to get at loader relief valve, after removing rear tire, I decided to get cut off grinder out and cu out about little less than 1/4" high and about 1" in length, this allowed me to slip on 7/8" wrench and loosen jam nut.
In addition I was able to slip 7/16" socket on adjusting bolt.

for reference, clockwise increases pressure and counter clockwise decreases pressure.

I made final adjustment, and retightened jam nut, all is good now.