Removing rear tire on Cub Cadet

/ Removing rear tire on Cub Cadet #1  

JPPWNY

Tractor
Cub Cadet SLT 1554 and Cub Cadet GT3100
I didn't bring my tools with me to camp where my GT3100 is, so I couldn't do anything.
I was assessing what needed to be done to remove the rear wheels of the tractor.
Does this nut have to be removed first to remove the lug nuts? What size is that big nut, looks larger than 1 inch?
Will that big nut loosen up or does something have to be held on the other side of the axle at the same time?

Thanks cub cadet rear tire.jpg

/ Removing rear tire on Cub Cadet #2  
Remove the 4 lug nuts and the wheel will come off (lift up rear of tractor with a 2x4 and put a block under it first).

The lug nuts are probably 3/4 or 15/16 in size - check your truck/car lug nut wrench - it may be close if you dont have any other tools.

Why are you removing the wheels in the first place tho? Changing the tire type or loading with fluid?

/ Removing rear tire on Cub Cadet
thanks for the reply...
I am wanting to replace the turf tires with a better traction tire. Looking at Carlisle All Terrain tires.
I get stuck too often on my trails in the woods and on the slope before the pond.

/ Removing rear tire on Cub Cadet #4  
I did that on my 1811 - see the pic - I was lucky to find a guy on CL that had a 3205 that he got with lug style and he wanted turf so sold me his rear tires plus his front lug tires on the wheels for $250.

It rides a little rougher but the traction is better. It's not a hard job to R&R the tires - just use some bead sealant on the new ones when you put them on it will be easier.

Carl

Attachments

• DCP00921.JPG
    DCP00921.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 3,010