need help with 7360ss ptonot working quick question

/ need help with 7360ss ptonot working quick question #1  

crazyj78

Tractor
7360ss jd 650
my pto on my 7360ss isnt working when i purchased the tractor it had a cracked transmission midcase but the pto worked water had gotten in through the crack so we disasembled the tractor and welded the transmission put it back together now pto doesnt work and wont turn freely by hand ( like every other tractor i have ever seen)

sholdnt the pto output spin freely without the the pto engaged?

the only thing i can find wrong is the hydraulic filter had somertv sealant clogging it from when we reatached the tranny to motor and tranny to rear end. i havent changed the filter because i wanted to flush out the hydraulic oil a few times since it had water in it and didnt want to replace a $130 filter 2 or 3 times can the clogged filter cause the pto to not ingage but 3point and steering and loader to work?

thanks for the help this is driving me nuts since we never took any of the pto cluth assembly apart and cant figure out what could have caused it

/ need help with 7360ss ptonot working quick question #2  
I believe the pto should spin if it's not engaged but I could be wrong. You can look at some parts diagrams here that might help you figure out the issue.

7360SS Tractor

/ need help with 7360ss ptonot working quick question
ifanyone has one of these could they let me know if the pto spins freely when it isnt engaged
thanks