Found extra wires under LX Hood

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood #1  

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
I noticed these two unused wire spade connectors dangling under the hood of my LX4500. Does anybody know what they're for? It looks like they're tied into the headlight wiring, could it be for auxiliary lighting? Just curious...

lx_hood.jpg

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood #2  
I have the same wires on my lx410. try to see what fuse they are protected by.

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood #3  
Use a meter and see what voltage is there and under what conditions. I.E. ignition on/off, headlights on/off and soforth. That should give you a clue as to their use.

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood #4  
I noticed these two unused wire spade connectors dangling under the hood of my LX4500. Does anybody know what they're for? It looks like they're tied into the headlight wiring, could it be for auxiliary lighting? Just curious...

View attachment 286010

Looking at the parts manual on pg 178

http://www.gtrippleb.com/tractor/lx450/manuals/769-07034.pdf

It looks like these wires are represented in figure 104. It doesn't look like they are connected to anything. Figure 109 shows the hood but I don't see a reference to any wires. So it's possible you could hook up some auxiliary lighting.

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood
Thanks for those pdfs gtrippleb, those are great!

I checked for voltage on those wire last night and didn't find any (with or without the lights on). Maybe the wire is terminated on the other end, or...

Another thought I had was the wiring was used for an accessory like cruise control, or it was specific to the Lx490x model such as control wires to the turbo's air heater relay. Yanmar may have used the same wiring harness on all three modes (Lx410x,450x,490x) to save costs and simplify inventory.

/ Found extra wires under LX Hood #8  
Thank you gtripplrb for the lx parts manuals. I have been waiting for my dealer to supp;y for a month now. I would think that the extra wires are for something that would move when opening the hood. Would anybody have a lx service manual, I am looking to install rear remotes .